User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I know a couple of ISTPs who always sniff unfamiliar foods before trying them
    Heh. My ISTP brother does that. He also examines it visually, sometimes plays around with it (ie. if he's eating it with a spoon he'll pick up a little in the spoon and drop it back down to examine the texture or something). Never occurred to me that might be type-related.

I'm reminded of the judges on the show 'Masterchef' now.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Most people I know fail to see the absurdity of much of what my ESFJ grandma does, but it cracks me up. Whenever I tell others, it doesn't seem to amuse them in the same way (but that's typical of things which amuse me). I definitely feel like a sane person in a crazy world as an INFP....

ESFJ grandma:
    - Bought a portable heater that looks like a fireplace & proceeded to stick it in front of her real fireplace. She usually just runs her regular, central heater....

- Has fake candles that are battery operated (in effect, making them small LAMPS).

- In order to enter her home, you must pas through 1) a locked gate that encloses the yard and then 2) another locked gate that is floor to ceiling like prison bars & blocks off the front door area, 3) a security screen door, and finally 4) she has to disarm her security system in order to open the front door. She lives in a low crime area, in a 55+ neighborhood that is squeaky clean. I told her the next time I come I expect to find a retina scanner.

- She has this tertiary Ne love of useless gadgets. She has a baking pan, just for brownies, which cuts them into little perfect squares when you remove them. Who spends money on that crap? She does, because she's a QVC, home-shopping network addict.

- Once had a room filled with about 100 porcelain dolls.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My ISTJ grandfather had the same exact boots in black and brown, at least 5 pairs of the same khaki pants, and manicured his fingernails and gave himself warm washcloth facials before he shaved his face. He also always carried pens in his front pocket and a knife in his back pocket, except to church on Sundays, when he wore a three-piece suit with tie pins.

My ESFP mother consistently has three or four dogs, which she takes on car rides and refuses to keep on leashes, so when they run around the neighborhood terrorizing people (it's legal since she lives outside of city limits) she just acts victimized instead of doing anything about it, because she's a slave to her dogs. She takes the same attitude toward children, which she swears on her life are taking over and beyond her control. She deeply enjoys liberating anything she loves but then acts overwhelmed if anyone calls her on it. I understand because I'm the same way with cats, my ESFJ ex was appalled that my cats walk on tables and drink from my water glasses. The cool thing about cats is that, unlike dogs and children, they don't usually bother the neighbors.

My ESFJ ex has all of his CDs and DVDs in perfect alphabetical order, by genre, and may scream or start crying if someone messes the order of them up, or if they happen to fall by accident.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    A friend of mind types himself as ISTJ and he smells everything. Not just foods. If he has never sniffed it before and he can get his nose to it, he smells it.
    I smell things like that too...

Is this type related?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I lick things that I've never tried before tasting them, but that's completely different
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

ESTJ friend - continues her facial beauty regime even when camping. Don't know many people who do all 8 steps of it while communing with mother nature.
    ENFP friend - dinner at her place can be an adventure when she's in super Ne mode. Will it or won't it happen? When will it happen? In what form will it happen?
    ISFP mother - it's humanly possible for her to lose thoughts with a quick fling of her head. We've checked for cranial leaks but haven't found any yet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I lick things that I've never tried before tasting them, but that's completely different
    I smell everything. I open deodorants, shampoos, and lotions and smell them ALWAYS before buying. I smell new foods before I eat it.

I also smell my clothes and my bedding at random, to make sure it smells okay. I also like to smell cat fur, for no apparent reason.

Another strange thing I do is wander aimlessly around grocery or drug stores when I'm bored. I find it very comforting, and sometimes end up buying stuff on impulse, but sometimes buy nothing or one little thing. Note that this is usually at grocery and drug stores, but not clothing stores, which tend to give me anxiety so I tend to approach clothing stores with more of a sense of purpose. I can waste more time in a grocery or drug store than is probably normal or sane.

My brother and I should both be ISTP, then. Lol. We smell everything, while SJ Dad eats food that smells like total shit. He doesn't even care if it has mold. "A little mold won't kill ya!"

Christ . . .

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    My brother and I should both be ISTP, then. Lol. We smell everything, while SJ Dad eats food that smells like total shit. He doesn't even care if it has mold. "A little mold won't kill ya!"

Christ . . .
    Interesting. I know an ISTJ who also says he will eat "anything" because he sees food as "fuel."

As someone who enjoys cooking, I find this absolutely abhorrent.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Christ . . .
    it never occurs to me to sniff things somehow I've been known to accidentally make sandwiches out of moldy bread and not realize it until I was halfway through and thought "this tastes kind of funny!" before
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett