User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Generally, people seem to find the things I don't do more "strange" than the things I do. Not bothering with putting my clothes in drawers, or toilet paper on the roll, or books on shelves. I slept on a mattress on the floor for over a year as a teenager. My mother kept telling me we needed to get a bed, and I kept saying I didn't care. I'd do it again. I don't think those things are particularly strange, but some Js I know do.

I'm also nearsighted, and I don't bother correcting it. I have nothing against glasses and I've had them before, but I lost the pair I got when I was younger and never bothered to get new ones. I went through most of university just sitting near the front all the time so I could see. I never thought much of it, but I told my career counsellor about it (I think he's ENFJ) and he just laughed his ass off for about five minutes straight.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    INTP: I've seen an INTP do this, along with myself. Things like washing clothes, and then leaving them in the basket instead of putting them away. Just taking them out of the basket and using them. Why do I even have drawers?
    I'm not an intp.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    This thread rules!!

My INTJ aunt does this -- she gets to work an hour early to "avoid the rush" (as if there's such a thing as a rush to the office).

Oh god.
    errrr....if she's talking about traffic, there definitely is a rush. Actually even if she is just talking about wanting to get settled in while it's quiet, I understand that too. Especially as an introvert, it can be really hard to start your workday when people are yapping at you. That doesn't sound weird to me at all, especially for morning people.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    errrr....if she's talking about traffic, there definitely is a rush. Actually even if she is just talking about wanting to get settled in while it's quiet, I understand that too. Especially as an introvert, it can be really hard to start your workday when people are yapping at you. That doesn't sound weird to me at all, especially for morning people.
    The bolded was what I meant. And I do understand it, in theory, but I don't relate to it or empathize with it (speaking as someone who has never been intimidated by a crowd in her life). I was just teasing a little, you know? I figure that's what this thread is about? Poking fun at type-related quirks?

Now I feel bad about it.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

istp - frequently gets distracted by details and misses the point

sorry.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

ISTJ - Every time he reads a physical page of text he puts uses a pencil and puts a checkmark at the bottom of the page indicating "I've read it." He has papers everywhere with checkmarks on the bottoms of them. I asked him about it one time and he said it was so that if he reads it again and doesn't remember it he will know if it was because he never read it or if he forgot what it said. I think he does this even within books but I'm not sure.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Actually even if she is just talking about wanting to get settled in while it's quiet, I understand that too. Especially as an introvert, it can be really hard to start your workday when people are yapping at you. That doesn't sound weird to me at all, especially for morning people.
    i know this is getting kind of OT, but i actually like doing that too. i don't know about a whole hour early but i like to be the first person in and settled. it just gives me a leg up on everything. sometimes i will tell people to meet me 10 minutes later than when i plan to get somewhere so i can be there and get settled first.

ESTP: typically disorganized, but goes on occasional everything-must-go cleaning rampages where literally every thing in the vicinity that does not have an immediately apparent purpose gets thrown in the trash. hide yo kids, hide yo wife...

INTP + ENFP combo: shamelessly watch pokemon reruns. both WAY over pokemon target age.

INTJ: shaved his beard to exact specifications he believes nazarene jesus would have. i don't think he does this anymore.

Glycerine

ESFJ: orders the same meal almost every time and asks me what his usual meal is. I have to remind him about the specifics (like no hot peppers or mushrooms).

INFP: makes costumes for her dogs on holidays

ESFJ/XSTJ/INFP/ENFP likes to say the same jokes over and over and over for several years. The novelty and hilarity for me usually wears off after the first couple times.

ENFJ:I can usually listen to same song on repeat for hours to match my mood and emotions on any given day. Ex. Glycerine by Bush, Elliot Smith, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, Red Hot Chili Peppers. I hate using forks so I use spoons for pretty much everything.

ISFP: Always does something different with her appearance every couple months. Adds tattoos (wants to get her whole body tattooed) piercings (at least five piercings) dyes hair ( basically every color imaginable) and she's going to get a Mohawk. She's hot.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    ENFJ:I can usually listen to same song on repeat for hours to match my mood and emotions on any given day.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i wonder how others organize their closets
    By "type of clothing". T-shirts, then work/dress shirts, then pants, then heavier/2nd layer shirts (thermals, sweatshirts, jackets), then coats/blazers.

Within each category, there is no order. And after time it gets completely messed up and I have to re-order everything.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

ENTP: Gives herself a buzz cut once or twice a year, because she "gets sick of (her) hair".

INFJ: Fascinated by pretty things; bought a velvet skirt at a thrift store because he thought it was pretty, and wore it to school several times (over his jeans and t-shirt, lol), each day very preoccupied with how pretty the skirt was when it moved. (Note: definitely not gay. Maybe a 1 on the Kinsey scale.)

INFJ: She is a sweet, shy, feminine, soft-spoken, and refined person, never has an unkind thing to say. And she's absolutely obsessed with hard rock; once sang -- not just sang, but belted -- a Metallica song at a karaoke party.

INTP: When shopping with him (at a movie rental store, grocery store, what have you), no matter how short his to-buy list is, he will go through every inch of the store, at a leisurely pace, looking for something he didn't know he needed.

ISFP: Currently teaching himself Tuvan throat-singing.

INTJ: Went out to her car one morning several years ago to find a dead bat on the roof of her car. Decided to leave the bat there indefinitely, and call her car "The Batmobile".
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!