User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    She would say "No I don't." to win.
    "Alright then, you don't." Smile and walk away.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I read posts here and practically everyone has a near-genius or genius IQ. I highly doubt so many people have IQs that high. If 140+ is in the 99th percentile or something, then there are clearly a lot of bullshitters out there.

Having said that, however, My IQ (and I'm not bullshitting) is considered to be in the superior range, but the best job I could ever have is a truck driver or any job that allows Me freedom to maneuver (no pun intended) or otherwise be away from a boss.
    Are you assuming typologycentral actually represents that bell curve?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Whereby she continues following you. If you lock yourself into the bathroom, she will natter through the bathroom door. One incident years ago, lasted for 45 minutes of nattering through the door. The only reason why it ended was because I finally exited the bathroom and left, with her following me to my car, standing next to the driver's door until threat of potentially being hit by my car leaving, made her back off. I wanted to back up over her, drive forward, then back up again. Nothing like burning rubber over the body of your sister.

ThatGirl

LMAO! We should pit her against my sis the stubborn mass deflector, who also always needs to be right. It would be like watching two black widows in the same cage.

Ginkgo

They eat their wounded.

Not a bad idea. But I wouldn't bother watching a match that lasted for 7 years of pedantism. Maybe we can lower the cage into the deepest ocean, ensuring that the key to the cage would be dangled exactly 6" out of reach. Then I'd watch intently, nibbling on popcorn!

ThatGirl

Yikes, lol. That's hardcore!

She must have driven you crazy growing up. Lol!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post

I'm curious how much differing thinking processes is mistaking for low intelligence. I wonder how many people can tell the difference without seeing an IQ test.
    I know I generally don't notice people's intelligence level unless it's markedly higher or lower than mine--as in noticeable in conversation. The standardized IQ test I took in high school indicated that mine was "at least" 140, because that's the highest the scoring went on that particular one. I know I'm intelligent in certain ways, but, for instance, I absolutely suck at math and other technical, dry subjects, and I felt quite average at the graduate level in English. I knew I had above average aptitude, but I also know there are people who are much smarter than me, and/or have an aptitude for thinking in that specific, academic, deconstructionist way. Additionally, I know plenty of people who aren't academically inclined at all, but blow me away with their intelligence in other ways. I think as far as dating goes, if I don't notice how remarkably smart or dumb you are, it's probably a good fit.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    [...] mostly I was just exploring. Once you quantify something and put a lot of stock into that label you loose a huge dimension of what it actually is.
    Wow-- that one sentence holds everything I wish I'd been able to say! I feel like a lot of personal development is about throwing stuff against the wall & seeing what sticks-- i.e., it's very physical & maybe even violent to the self in some way, & the 'abstracted intellectual' part is merely the pattern observable in what you've thrown against the wall... it can be a chaotic & fearful perspective but usually leads you toward being less dismissive of other people, because you realize the chances are low that someone's lived their entire life & not become intelligent in SOME way, even if they aren't aware of how..

But that's going way too far down the NF trail for the comfort of this thread..
    RCUAI
    ---------
    "Man is free, but his freedom ceases when he has no faith in it."