User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't really see much value in something that is as easily manipulated as IQ scores. You can take courses/study for it and improve your score. There is nothing on that exam that can't be learned, and anyone with enough determination can increase their IQ by a measurable amount. It's nothing more than an intellectual dick-measuring tool. Sure, you've got a big one, but what can you do with it? That's what matters. I don't care what your arbitrary number says you are. I care what you've done, what you can do, how driven to succeed you are.
    I would be inclined to agree with you. Also, people take those silly IQ tests online, which tend to have everyone scoring 150-160. A few years back INTPc did an 'official' IQ test using a compilation of some of the more difficult internet based IQ tests, in response to a poll they conducted wherein a plurality of respondents claimed to have IQs in the superior range*. Of those willing to take the test, I believe the composite average was approximately 128.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Lol, that is true. To be honest I do not know anyone who sticks so concretely to their potential-mate wish list, and isn't willing to compromise for someone who makes them happy. Having a standard is a starting point, not an absolute. I think a high IQ is a reasonable standard.
    That way of looking at it is much more accomodating and acceptable. If it's a personal preference to attempt to date more effeciently, than that's indeed a standard one could use. As long as the realization is there that this standard is not absolute in the slightest, there is no one to argue against it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Really? If you were to have a convo with my brother, you would have one of the most disconnected conversation you've probably ever experienced. When he's focused, he's set and deliberate and definitive.

Talk to my father who is also quite a bit over 140 but not where my brother has tested, and while he can be extremely charming and appear agreeable on the surface, underneath it all is a very set way of thinking.

Talk to my sister and she will shred your thought process into tiny, tiny bits and she too is over 140 and bat shyte crazy.

The above 3 are nuts.

One of my exes consistently tested around 200 using Internet IQ tests (which most often score way too high), although he hasn't ever been officially tested using sb or other recognised forms IQ tests. He's quite eccentric, capable of connecting with people but most often, didn't really like people in general since he found them too stupid to keep up.

I dunno TG. Reliant on what IQ test these 140 and over people you're talking about, not all IQ tests are created equally. Not even close. Even the different versions of sb aren't equal.
    Most of the people I have spoken with were TJ. My INTJ friend for instance, we could speak endlessly, pick each others thoughts apart, and both find it incredibly stimulating. Since we were two different people, each of us could pick on and present a different angle. By the end of a conversation we would have the most complete understanding of both each other and the situation we were analyzing.

My TP father on the other hand can be dry as hell in casual conversation, but still when it comes to solving things, can be quite exhilarating to speak with. I don't mind people picking my thought process to death, actually I kind of like it as long as they are open to ideas.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Lol, that is true. To be honest I do not know anyone who sticks so concretely to their potential-mate wish list, and isn't willing to compromise for someone who makes them happy. Having a standard is a starting point, not an absolute. I think a high IQ is a reasonable standard.
    what do you think about a guy that keeps his word, is financially stable, always says sweet and kind things to you and about you and loves both you and your child and he has an average Iq?

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    what do you think about a guy that keeps his word, is financially stable, always says sweet and kind things to you and about you and loves both you and your child and he has an average Iq?
    I would think he were awesome. I would also worry about confusing him (appearing erratic in my decisions and stances), having bad communication, or boring him to death. I usually don't attract these types of men for that reason.

Most of the people I have spoken with were TJ. My INTJ friend for instance, we could speak endlessly, pick each others thoughts apart, and both find it incredibly stimulating. Since we were two different people, each of us could pick on and present a different angle. By the end of a conversation we would have the most complete understanding of both each other and the situation we were analyzing.

My TP father on the other hand can be dry as hell in casual conversation, but still when it comes to solving things, can be quite exhilarating to speak with. I don't mind people picking my thought process to death, actually I kind of like it as long as they are open to ideas.
    Breaking down a concept or solution can be fun and stimulating, same as creating either. What my sister does, is nothing like you've seen. Not only is she determined to win, where win is THE most important element, but the manner in which she does it and the sheer anality of her thoughts over trivia, is beyond even abnormal. It's obsessive, compulsive. She's bat shit crazy.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

@TG
    they would probably worry that they are boring you as well. alot of the same feelings you have. they might feel less cause they are not operating at the same capacity as you but still care. they might feel like they are failing at keeping you happy cause they would not be connecting.

I think the gap can be bridged

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Breaking down a concept or solution can be fun and stimulating, same as creating either. What my sister does, is nothing like you've seen. Not only is she determined to win, where win is THE most important element, but the manner in which she does it and the sheer anality of her thoughts over trivia, is beyond even abnormal. It's obsessive, compulsive. She's bat shit crazy.
    Lol, that's when you say "Okay you win," then wiggle a ball in front of their face and throw it.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    @TG
    they would probably worry that they are boring you as well. alot of the same feelings you have. they might feel less cause they are not operating at the same capacity as you but still care. they might feel like they are failing at keeping you happy cause they would not be connecting.

I think the gap can be bridged
    Exactly. It can be bridged if each person is very confident, happy, and secure in themselves and what they bring to the table. Each is appreciated for what they offer, and no one seeks to change the other to make that connection.

I think that is more rare than a high IQ, lol.

Ginkgo

Lol, that's when you say "Okay you win," then wiggle a ball in front of their face and throw it.
    She would say "No I don't." to win.