User Tag List

First 3442434445 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Strictly speaking of IQ scores, I would not be surprised if the average IQ of the forum is somewhere around 120. That's my impression anyway, the vast majority of people here are quite intelligent. Personality forums by their nature tend to attract more people of higher intelligence due to the very nature of the material. It's highly subjective, requires a lot of conceptual thought which isn't easy to get right, and the strong introspective requirement lends to people of higher overall intelligence being more interested in it, and wanting to understand it further (as well as being capable of being fairly proficient at it).
    I'd assume it's somewhere in the 110(1 in 4)-125(1 in 21) range. Not sure about the standard deviation though. And only counting people I interact with regularly as I tend to ignore alot of posts. But yeah sounds about right. (though of course it's not some kind of hard data we can ACTUALLY use, but a guess).

I'd place people like, off the top of my head @riva as representative of the high-average/moderately above av. forum IQ for example.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I'd assume it's somewhere in the 110(1 in 4)-125(1 in 21) range.
    The average IQ is always 100. This means half of us are always below 100 and half of us are always above 100. I have never met anyone who admits their IQ is below 100. This is statistically impossible.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The average IQ is always 100. This means half of us are always below 100 and half of us are always above 100.
    I know that . that's how the conversation in the post you're answering to started.
    Qualitative Associations with Superior to Genius Level IQ

I was refering to a 'possible' av. iq for the forum. (don't quote me on that). And of course we're not going to normalize the scoring JUST for the forum we're not that special.

quoting myself (how special a moment):
    (because it's designed as a base 100 test with a normalized/gaussian type distribution these days, and if you ask random people you'd get an average of 120 or something - which is obviously not possible as that's something like the 90% percentile)

I have never met anyone who admits their IQ is below 100. This is statistically impossible.
    Yup that's what I was refering to in the above self-quote. Self reported iq are bullshit. I believe that's exactly what I said in my previous post.. let me get that for you.

That's because online tests are not 'real tests'.
    Also keep in mind an IQ test's ideal setting is in front of a psychologist they're probably meeting for the first time, and done one time without 'trial runs' - because that's the normal testing environment the measurements were based on. Not the best score someone managed on his/her best day in his/her ideal environment on a low-quality test made mostly to make people money (ie: buy the super package to explain WHY he/she's such a genius in detail makes more money if you inflate scores).

Most self reported IQs are bullshit. (because it's designed as a base 100 test with a normalized/gaussian type distribution these days, and if you ask random people you'd get an average of 120 or something - which is obviously not possible as that's something like the 90% percentile)

I also suspect that an environment such as this forum leads people to inflate their scores even further (the bs scores I mention in most cases - so wrong in the first place) given that there's a higher population of high iq indidividuals. Even in case of professionally administered tests, I doubt most people go to a specialized psychologist who can count IQ test assessment as their specialty.

Anyway, a few thoughts.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

I know that . that's how the conversation in the post you're answering to started.
    Qualitative Associations with Superior to Genius Level IQ

I was refering to a 'possible' av. iq for the forum. (don't quote me on that). And of course we're not going to normalize the scoring JUST for the forum we're not that special.

quoting myself (how special a moment):
    Sure, in Lake Wobegon, all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

And who knew: we are all gifted.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Sure, in Lake Wobegon, all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average.

And who knew: we are all gifted.
    Sadly we cant go there. Everyone becomes normal when observed.
    It's shrodinger's cat's IQ, in short

But in this particular thought experiment one of the two possible outcomes is impossible. Nature has a way of dealing away with impossibilities.

... In theory.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

The average IQ is always 100. This means half of us are always below 100 and half of us are always above 100. I have never met anyone who admits their IQ is below 100. This is statistically impossible.
    I took an online IQ test once that told me my IQ was 90. I'm really bad at math and it had a lot of mathy questions
    Likes magpie liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Hmm, based upon correlation to GRE and SAT scores, my IQ is pretty damn high, lol.... I had no clue it was that high. ...damn
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    STP

I had a boss one time say I had the answer to everything in my top drawer, someone just has to ask the question.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Current co-workers will walk up and say they need to use my processing power and refer to themselves as mere mortals. I woud say they have above average IQ and are in the programming field as well. Actually I am used for that alot outside of work also.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

interesting tidbit, intelligent people tend to come off as 'arrogant' when explaining something to less intelligent people.
    True story.

What do you make of it?
    I saw what you did there. No one took your bait though.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching