User Tag List

First 313940414243 Last

Results 401 to 410 of 444

  1. #401
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    He stole them.
    Banker ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  2. #402
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Banker ?
    Something like that. *laughs*

  3. #403
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Something like that. *laughs*
    in any case, as I said, anecdotal.
    Similarly, while some incarcerated criminals have iqs over 120 the 'sweet spot' for criminality seems to be in the high 80ies if i recall properly.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  4. #404
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That's not what I said.

    I shared a study and mentioned the sources are below. I also explained some things unrelated to your quote.

    I also stated the obvious fact that parents share their genetic makeup with their children. Which you ignored in your argument. The implication is of course obvious so I won't bother spelling it out.

    Please take the time to read what someone wrote before assuming that the storyline you've built in your head fits the data.
    Genetics influences IQ. My point was that there's a lot more that ultimately determines how successful someone is in life than how smart they are.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  5. #405
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    Genetics influences IQ. My point was that there's a lot more that ultimately determines how successful someone is in life than how smart they are.
    Yup I agree. There's alot of factors influencing everything.
    I was simply denying the statements you attributed to me in your post (because it wasn't what I said).
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #406
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    in any case, as I said, anecdotal.
    I don't have a problem with anecdotes. If I relied on statistics, I'd be in the poor house.

  7. #407
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't have a problem with anecdotes. If I relied on statistics, I'd be in the poor house.
    Come on now
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  8. #408
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Come on now
    My man, when I was young I thought a lot about odds and statistics. My life says otherwise. Whippersnapper!
    Likes Wind Up Rex liked this post

  9. #409
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    My man, when I was young I thought a lot about odds and statistics. My life says otherwise. Whippersnapper!
    Obviously there are other factors at play. Human minds are pattern recognition machines after all.
    The issue isn't stats it's bad stats. Or bad science, or bad everything which is what the majority of these things are.

    As someone mentioned in the thread, the thing is that (the majority of) academics are not really all that smart. So the majority of scholarly publications contain flaws due to limited scope of thought, bias, pc-policies, etc. I generally just categorize all of these as 'they're morons'. It's neater.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  10. #410
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Yup I agree. There's alot of factors influencing everything.
    I was simply denying the statements you attributed to me in your post (because it wasn't what I said).
    That was the point of asking for clarification.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Similar Threads

  1. To which level of hell are you going?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 10:13 AM
  2. Is having a tendency to give someone the benefit of the doubt associated with F?
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 10:23 PM
  3. Do you need to sympathize with characters to enjoy them?
    By Ivy in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 03:28 AM
  4. [ENFJ] NT with Announcement to Share about ENFJ Friend :)
    By Usehername in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 03:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO