User Tag List

First 273536373839 Last

Results 361 to 370 of 444

  1. #361
    Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni
    Posts
    4,189

    Default

    Cue all of the people with low IQs grabbing degrees in the natural sciences because they don't have the IQ to comprehend that correlation is not causation
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

    "Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes EcK liked this post

  2. #362
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I think that that's a non sequitur. I'm saying that I could have the same IQ as Kant and grow up in the projects and still end up flipping burgers at McDonalds.

    Don't get me wrong--being smart definitely helps. I don't think you get to be Bill Gates without some serious intellectual wherewithal. But I don't know if his intellect was as helpful to his ultimate success as the fact that he had a mother who had connections to the board at IBM.
    So you're saying I was right. Thanks for making that clear

    See when people are wrong they tend to do this thing where they change the subject and invoke some feel good truism.
    You can't deny data with 'what ifs', circumstantial evidence and popular appeals. That's what bad science does, the same bad science you're vaguely using in your argument.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Kullervo liked this post

  3. #363
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    So you're saying I was right. Thanks for making that clear

    See when people are wrong they tend to do this thing where they change the subject and invoke some feel good truism.
    You can't deny data with 'what ifs', circumstantial evidence and popular appeals. That's what bad science does, the same bad science you're vaguely using in your argument.
    This is my understanding of your argument based on your last several post:

    1) There is a correlation between IQ and high income earning potential
    2) Intelligence is an inherited genetic trait.
    3) Those who are genetically predisposed to be intelligent are more likely to earn more money.


    Therefore, for me to say that there are mitigating environmental factors that can impact the positive correlation between IQ and earning potential is to deny that a person who is smart is genetically equipped to be as successful in life as he or she might want to be.

    Is this a fair representation of what you are saying?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Hard liked this post

  4. #364
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    This is my understanding of your argument based on your last several post:

    1) There is a correlation between IQ and high income earning potential
    2) Intelligence is an inherited genetic trait.
    3) Those who are genetically predisposed to be intelligent are more likely to earn more money.


    Therefore, for me to say that there are mitigating environmental factors that can impact the positive correlation between IQ and earning potential is to deny that a person who is smart is genetically equipped to be as successful in life as he or she might want to be.

    Is this a fair representation of what you are saying?
    That's not what I said.

    I shared a study and mentioned the sources are below. I also explained some things unrelated to your quote.

    I also stated the obvious fact that parents share their genetic makeup with their children. Which you ignored in your argument. The implication is of course obvious so I won't bother spelling it out.

    Please take the time to read what someone wrote before assuming that the storyline you've built in your head fits the data.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Kullervo liked this post

  5. #365
    my floof is luxury Wind Up Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That's not what I said.
    I shared a study and mentioned the sources are below. I also explained some things unrelated to your quote.

    I also stated the obvious fact that parents share their genetic makeup with their children. Which you ignored in your argument. The implication is of course obvious so I won't bother spelling it out.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    This is my understanding of your argument based on your last several post:

    1) There is a correlation between IQ and high income earning potential
    2) Intelligence is an inherited genetic trait.
    3) Those who are genetically predisposed to be intelligent are more likely to earn more money.
    I was asking you to clarify your statement so we can have a fair discussion about this. Your defensiveness and personal attacks that you're throwing out are unwarranted given the interaction so far.

    That said, if you need me to use smaller words so that we're communicating on a similar level, I'd be happy to accommodate you.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

  6. #366
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Up Rex View Post
    I shared a study and mentioned the sources are below. I also explained some things unrelated to your quote.

    I also stated the obvious fact that parents share their genetic makeup with their children. Which you ignored in your argument. The implication is of course obvious so I won't bother spelling it out.


    I was asking you to clarify your statement so we can have a fair discussion about this. Your defensiveness and personal attacks that you're throwing out are unwarranted given the interaction so far.

    That said, if you need me to use smaller words so that we're communicating on a similar level, I'd be happy to accommodate you.
    There was no personal attacks. I think you'd notice the difference and I feel no desire nor have any reason to 'attack you'.
    I stated facts and did so without mentioning any of the reason for your bias. Which is quite apparent.
    Instead I nicely asked you not to confuse what you want to be true with what is true. Which applies to both your selecting view on the data and my own statements.

    That being said do you want me to quote my past posts on this thread? I have no need to clarify my statement, I only said one of the 3 items you brought up, you only need to actually read my posts to see it.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  7. #367
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That's not what I said.

    I shared a study and mentioned the sources are below. I also explained some things unrelated to your quote.

    I also stated the obvious fact that parents share their genetic makeup with their children. Which you ignored in your argument. The implication is of course obvious so I won't bother spelling it out.

    Please take the time to read what someone wrote before assuming that the storyline you've built in your head fits the data.
    you seem to be flagrently ignoring what she said.

    This is how I see this going: both of you seem to agree that intelligence gives an individual an advantage and gives higher potential for success (this is a skill). It's also been pointed out that economic viability also gives an individual towards success (this is the resources)

    As such, having both gives you a very strong advantage.

    The contention seems to be between which is more important: intelligence or "luck" of life (effectively anyway). It's pretty obvious that you have a MUCH more difficult uphill climb if you don't have the resources to use skills.

    Skills but no resources: possible, but quite difficult to get somewhere.
    Resources but no skills: possible, but you'll still be fairly well off most likely.

    And for the record, I do see you as being personal and kind of attacking.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  8. #368
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    you seem to be flagrently ignoring what she said.

    This is how I see this going: both of you seem to agree that intelligence gives an individual an advantage and gives higher potential for success (this is a skill). It's also been pointed out that economic viability also gives an individual towards success (this is the resources)

    As such, having both gives you a very strong advantage.

    The contention seems to be between which is more important: intelligence or "luck" of life (effectively anyway). It's pretty obvious that you have a MUCH more difficult uphill climb if you don't have the resources to use skills.

    Skills but no resources: possible, but quite difficult to get somewhere.
    Resources but no skills: possible, but you'll still be fairly well off most likely.

    And for the record, I do see you as being personal and kind of attacking.
    ush. You're only saying this because you're upset I don't 'agree' with your forum politics.
    You are transparent.

    Mommy and I are having a discussion.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post

  9. #369
    I could do things Hard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    7,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    ush. You're only saying this because you're upset I don't 'agree' with your forum politics.
    You are transparent.
    where on earth did this come from? This isn't even on topic. This has zero to do with politics. I simply disagree with your analysis of this, and largely agree with Wind Up Rex, which is what I addressed in my post. Since you didn't seem to be seeing her prospective, I felt like I should add something to try and clarify.

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Mommy and I are having a discussion.
    Right, you're not making personal attacks. Got it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari


  10. #370
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    where on earth did this come from? This isn't even on topic. This has zero to do with politics. I simply disagree with your analysis of this, and largely agree with Wind Up Rex, which is what I addressed in my post. Since you didn't seem to be seeing her prospective, I felt like I should add something to try and clarify.



    Right, you're not making personal attacks. Got it.
    Right. of course.
    Thank you for your input.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Similar Threads

  1. To which level of hell are you going?
    By Virtual ghost in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 10:13 AM
  2. Is having a tendency to give someone the benefit of the doubt associated with F?
    By /DG/ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 10:23 PM
  3. Do you need to sympathize with characters to enjoy them?
    By Ivy in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 03:28 AM
  4. [ENFJ] NT with Announcement to Share about ENFJ Friend :)
    By Usehername in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-24-2007, 03:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO