Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    AD(H)D is a P thing.
    TOTALLY NOT or not entirely

idk

:/

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    at the people with the high IQ past 115 and up, do you guys all have ADD? or ADHD?
    I would say there are many similarities between children labeled as 'gifted' and children who have AD(H)D. However, I think there is merely some overlap in causes, rather than them being different expressions of the same thing. In other words, children with 'gifted' traits are more likely to experience the conditions necessary for AD(H)D.

The *really* smart people (like 145+) don't tend to have it as much, I think.

I don't know.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

As a former Mensan (stop laughing, I joined for the perks - and admittedly to find new friends), I have to say that HighQ'ers are the most bloated, pretentious Squidwards I've ever had the misfortune of stumbling upon.

I got the death glare there just for asking some fatass to stand up from the booth so I could go take a piss.

Then again, this is a sample of people who joined a club intended to worship their own collective intelligence. Idk what I was thinking even trying to find down-to-earth, creative, open-minded friends there.

Most of my closest friends are Ivy League professors, engineers, scientists, etc. People who are undoubtedly smarter than average, yet I click with them beautifully. I've even contributed ideas that they implemented - successfully.

It's their humility that enables them to associate with a 21-year-old ESFP such as myself.

I don't feel intelligent at all, tbh. Outside of work, school or close friends (such as those mentioned above), I always assume the other person's smarter than me, or better-equipped with common sense.

I struggle pretty badly with rote "learning." Work my ass off just to not fail history/accounting classes.
    What ideas have you "contributed" that were later "successfully" implemented, pray tell?

As a general aside, high IQ societies are about as revealing of genuine intellectual progress as are minor athletic leagues of peak athletic performance, but at least the latter strive, more or less, to encourage respectable achievement in their respective realm of activity. The former are nothing more than congregations wherein pompous yet largely insignificant creatures gather to impress their irrelevance upon each other, which is why I have never bothered to join any of them.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    What ideas have you "contributed" that were later "successfully" implemented, pray tell?

As a general aside, high IQ societies are about as revealing of genuine intellectual progress as are minor athletic leagues of peak athletic performance, but at least the latter strives, more or less, to encourage respectable achievement in its respective realm of activity. The former are nothing more than congregations wherein pompous yet largely insignificant creatures gather to "impress" their irrelevance upon each other, which is why I have never bothered to join any of them.
    They weren't "genius" contributions - I made the point to demonstrate the difference between the actual smartypants' receptiveness/openmindedness to a novice's ideas/input and the inpenetrable ivory tower walls that surrounded the pompous fuckaronis and cheese at Mensa. Not trying to go "ooh la la, look at me."

I've bitched/whined too much on this forum to be careless about revealing personal details or details that can reveal personal details. I will say though, in the case of a professor, I gave him some of my thoughts on what I thought of as potentially better ways to isolate testing variables in a form of research (where it's difficult to do so usually, given that the quantitative research was trying to arrive at (ultimately) a qualitative conclusion.)

With a scientist (toxicology), I threw some ideas at him for study in regards to an autoimmune skin disease. More specifically, ideas on focal points of population research.

I'm no expert in any of these fields at all - I'm a friendly bystander. I think experts get so locked into the standard way of doing things + technical nitty gritty, that they miss obvious things that anyone with a fresh standpoint could point out.

These people valued openmindedness over expert authority - and in several cases, it paid off. Not that I got much credit...:steam: Oh well. I played only a minor, although somewhat pivotal role in their projects, so it's not deserved.

Plus, these super-important people would have a lot of 'splainin to do if they admitted seeking input from some blonde, 21-year-old ESFuckingP who can't even pass tax accounting for fuck's sake.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTJ

Plus, these super-important people would have a lot of 'splainin to do if they admitted seeking input from some blonde, 21-year-old ESFuckingP who can't even pass tax accounting for fuck's sake.
    It is so unlikely that I find it incredible to believe.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    TOTALLY NOT or not entirely

idk

:/

I would say there are many similarities between children labeled as 'gifted' and children who have AD(H)D. However, I think there is merely some overlap in causes, rather than them being different expressions of the same thing. In other words, children with 'gifted' traits are more likely to experience the conditions necessary for AD(H)D.

The *really* smart people (like 145+) don't tend to have it as much, I think.

I don't know.
    Not entirely, no. But to my knowledge, MBTI hasn't been found to describe physical differences in the brain, it seemingly hasn't been studied that way.

ADHD brains do physically/chemically differ from non-ADHD brains. But because MBTI is based on traits/observation, and P traits often overlap with ADHD traits (but J-traits don't overlap much at all with ADHD).

Basically, we assume that similar physiologies produce similar behaviors. So we simply match ADHD with P.

There are a million flaws with this I realize, such as correlation aint causation, there are various shades of P/J, Te differs from Fe, blahdyblahdyblah, but it's 4:00am here and I need to go to bed, because I'm obviously wired and need to get my Victoria Secreted ass to bed.

Damn. I might be ENFP after all.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    It is so unlikely that I find it incredible to believe.
    Believe or don't believe. I made my point.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Sure, anyone can suggest a new idea to a given practitioner. I can't see why that's unreasonable. Practitioners have studied and practiced a given subject for a long time, that says nothing about their idea-generating ability.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Sure, anyone can suggest a new idea to a given practitioner. I can't see why that's unreasonable. Practitioners have studied and practiced a given subject for a long time, that says nothing about their idea-generating ability.
    Hear that, Alexis?

@Lex Talionis
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

It would be weird if you were able to work out the implementation up to the last detail. I probably wouldn't believe such an account. However suggesting an idea does not seem to necessarily require in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    It would be weird if you were able to work out the implementation up to the last detail. I probably wouldn't believe such an account. However suggesting an idea does not seem to necessarily require in-depth knowledge of the subject matter.
    Definitely no details. Just conceptual/new perspectives from preliminary/brainstorming stages. Informally, while at a cafe or via email.
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN: