User Tag List

First 14222324252634 Last

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    What do you mean by "doesn't think much of you"? Why should this matter? I find that individuals such as him do not think much about anything.

I simply find it difficult to believe that an individual who displays absolutely no remarkable signs of intellect would fall under the category "genius" (a term I would distance from IQ, as it traditionally describes ability, not performing well on a standardized test). There is a particular "dullness" to his explanations that I do not find consistent with highly developed intelligence.
    You realize this is a judgement loop, right? It's predicated on your own skepticism.

----

So, basically, we have the two 'sides' here:
    1) There are two significantly different types of people who will score highly on IQ tests: "Ambitious minds" who desire intelligence and knowledge, and "born geniuses" who simply have it as a matter of course.
    2) There is no significant difference between these two types of people and/or 'ambitous minds' and 'natural intelligence' are unrelated factors.

I haven't really seen any evidence for one or the other. It's mostly just been anecdote and surly skepticism.

Personally, I think there's a pretty crazy number of factors which will impact adult IQ, so although 'ambition' and 'genetics' may both have significant effects, there's so much more to it than that.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    @ the people with Iq`s of 125 and up. Do you prefer to live inside,outside or just far away from the rest of the population?
    I used to think "far away", but now (in spite of being an introvert) I realised that I kinda like people. Not in large amounts, and not all the same type of people. Just a variety of people, in small amounts. It adds a bit of spice to my life.

So now, I would like to buy my own island and personally screen everyone whom I'd allow on it.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Topic.

To answer the OP; I'm happy to date anyone regardless of IQ. I'm not willing to date people I dislike however.
    I don't want to date anyone, period. Too much of one person sucks my energy. So IQ is not really a factor. However, people with whom I don't have common interests suck more energy than usual and are to be avoided. So are people who don't like cats.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I don't want to date anyone, period. Too much of one person sucks my energy. So IQ is not really a factor. However, people with whom I don't have common interests suck more energy than usual and are to be avoided. So are people who don't like cats.
    This is an extremely important requirement.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    Intelligence is not what we think it is, there are lots of different ways of thinking and ultimately what we have in common is that we're human.
    I think you are advocating faith over rational thought in a roundabout way.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    I think you are advocating faith over rational thought in a roundabout way.
    There are significant benefits to it, actually, even from an objective p.o.v. Faith gives access to a community, blame absolution, purpose, and a few other tidy psychological perks that can really make a huge difference to someone who can't get them elsewhere.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    There are significant benefits to it, actually, even from an objective p.o.v. Faith gives access to a community, blame absolution, purpose, and a few other tidy psychological perks that can really make a huge difference to someone who can't get them elsewhere.
    Yes, it can be good for some. But for others, it imposes guilt and internal conflict.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Yes, it can be good for some. But for others, it imposes guilt and internal conflict.
    Well, yes, that's the trouble, isn't it. Whereas atheism can be freeing and help one to cherish what one has in this life, but can also lead to nihilistic depression and, in rare cases, amorality.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    Well, yes, that's the trouble, isn't it. Whereas atheism can be freeing and help one to cherish what one has in this life, but can also lead to nihilistic depression and, in rare cases, amorality.
    The same can be said for religion. The beliefs which can be used to promote social harmony can also be used to justify the worse acts of inhumanity imaginable. It depends on the person.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

The same can be said for religion. The beliefs which can be used to promote social harmony can also be used to justify the worse acts of inhumanity imaginable. It depends on the person.
    The same was just said for religion, actually.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    @ the people with Iq`s of 125 and up. Do you prefer to live inside,outside or just far away from the rest of the population?
    I like to live within the population. I enjoy people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]