User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

@ the people with Iq`s of 125 and up. Do you prefer to live inside,outside or just far away from the rest of the population?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    @ the people with Iq`s of 125 and up. Do you prefer to live outside or away from the rest of the population?
    Away.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Notice also that jwn86 claims that "ambitious" individuals do possess high IQs but somehow do not meet the criteria for being "really intelligent." This is vacuous. Empty logic. I do find it an affront that somebody who displays such menial intellect would consider himself "truly" intelligent as opposed to us purely "ambitious" NTs.
    Now I understand. I noticed that too, so I can't disagree with you there. I also didn't agree with the specific users he singled out in his example. I'm guessing Solitary Walker wouldn't appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Frankly, I am both "highly intelligent" as per IQ and ambitious pursuit of knowledge and understanding.
    I have no doubt about that after reading your latest posts. I apologize if I stepped on any man toes while I was attempting to breakup the girlfight earlier.

-peace, luv, & happiness-

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I read the post that I quoted, but I missed the one where you provided a definition. I do wonder if it would ever be possible to deduce that a personal Christian God exists apart from having said God appear before you and validate the bible. They might have believed that God must exist because of some observations, but there isn't a way to logically come to that conclusion.
    Yes, it is a dilemma because it's a heart relationship and faith based. I guess we could use logical deduction. For example, no other religion provides a provision for God's forgiveness of sin. Then there is some tangible evidence: The Bible (the living word of God), Creation (mankind). I also want to say the Holy Spirit because that feels so tangible to me and I know what life was like without it; prior to being saved. For those that don't know what the heck I'm talking about, I promise I'm not crazy.

I believe if one prays and asks God to reveal himself in some way in their life, God listens and he answers. Unlike everything else of this world that one rationalizes, when God answers the call, you just know; you feel it. Yes, I am an ENTP that loves God. This is one subject I am the most passionate about above all others and yet I have the hardest time articulating because it's a heart thing for me.

I know that didn't totally answer your question. Nonetheless, I leave you with one of my favorite scriptures. The definition of faith... Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Yes, it is a dilemma because it's a heart relationship and faith based. I guess we could use logical deduction. For example, no other religion provides a provision for God's forgiveness of sin. Then there is some tangible evidence: The Bible (the living word of God), Creation (mankind). I also want to say the Holy Spirit because that feels so tangible to me and I know what life was like without it; prior to being saved. For those that don't know what the heck I'm talking about, I promise I'm not crazy.

I believe if one prays and asks God to reveal himself in some way in their life, God listens and he answers. Unlike everything else of this world that one rationalizes, when God answers the call, you just know; you feel it. Yes, I am an ENTP that loves God. This is one subject I am the most passionate about above all others and yet I have the hardest time articulating because it's a heart thing for me.

I know that didn't totally answer your question. Nonetheless, I leave you with one of my favorite scriptures. The definition of faith... Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)
    I am not one to discount the experiences of others, so I will pray tonight and ask God to reveal himself. It will be an honest attempt at receiving some sort of evidence of his/her existence. Even though I am an atheist, and am not spiritual, I will do this without any preconceived notions about religion, and better still, with the hope that I will have the experience you've described.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP

I've tried to explain this very thing to my logic-based friends before, and it is difficult. I like your explanation. It really is a heart thing, and a faith thing, and cynicism totally kills your chances of having the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I am not one to discount the experiences of others, so I will pray tonight and ask God to reveal himself. It will be an honest attempt at receiving some sort of evidence of his/her existence. Even though I am an atheist, and am not spiritual, I will do this without any preconceived notions about religion, and better still, with the hope that I will have the experience you've described.
    I think that's very cool. I would add that in my experience it's something you desire over time--you're unlikely to get the answer you want from just one prayer. Retain this approach and keep seeking as you would an answer to a logical question. You wouldn't give up if you opened a book once and didn't find an exact answer to a scientific question...you'd keep seeking until you found it. Lots of skeptics want to dismiss faith when they don't get the same answer in one day that it took someone else months and real soul searching to receive.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    @ the people with Iq`s of 125 and up. Do you prefer to live inside,outside or just far away from the rest of the population?
    Away, mostly, but that's probably the introversion and social anxiety speaking. :-P
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Lex, how would someone with an extremely high IQ approach a given discussion? Just wondering what the criteria might be.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    Off Topic.
    Topic.

To answer the OP; I'm happy to date anyone regardless of IQ. I'm not willing to date people I dislike however.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

However, Galileo and Newton did believe in the personal Christian God, if that gives you some peace of mind about my initial point that some of the most brilliant minds believed in God.
    It was a sign of the times. For a fairer comparison, what do the most brilliant minds believe now?

Being an atheist in their profession was rather dangerous anyway, so we don't really know what they truly believed.