User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    What do you mean by "doesn't think much of you"? Why should this matter? I find that individuals such as him do not think much about anything.

I simply find it difficult to believe that an individual who displays absolutely no remarkable signs of intellect would fall under the category "genius" (a term I would distance from IQ, as it traditionally describes ability, not performing well on a standardized test).
    How about you zip it with that BS. We already got your critique on him in an earlier post. We get it. There's no need to lather, rinse, repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    There is a particular "dullness" to his explanations that I do not find consistent with highly developed intelligence.
    I happen to think he's interesting. Very few people are interesting. Please stop.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    I happen to think he's interesting. Very few people are interesting. Please stop.
    I happen to think he's [Lex] interesting. Very few people are interesting. Please stop stopping him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I happen to think he's [Lex] interesting. Very few people are interesting. Please stop stopping him.
    Disrespectful. Both you and Lex.

MBTI
    STP

I'm being defended by a nerd girl. This is a little embarrassing I must say.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Is this what INTPc is like?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Is this what INTPc is like?
    Nah, this is way too straightforward.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by jwn86 View Post
    I'm being defended by a nerd girl. This is a little embarrassing I must say.
    Not exactly. I'm defending every nerd's right to participate in this thread without being personally attacked for their high IQ. Lex's posts are slowly crossing the line from constructive to feeling threatened by high IQ's and resorting to tearing people down to build himself up. Calling posts/posters "Dull" is far from constructive. It's his emotionally-based opinion that has no point with regards to this topic. He needs to chill out.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Not exactly. I'm defending every nerd's right to participate in this thread without being personally attacked for their high IQ. Lex's posts are slowly crossing the line from constructive to feeling threatened by high IQ's and resorting to tearing people down to build himself up. Calling posts/posters "Dull" is far from constructive. It's his emotionally-based opinion that has no point with regards to this topic. He needs to chill out.
    I don't necessary think the honest expression of opinion is counterproductive here. Yes Lex has a habit of saying things in an abrasive fashion, and yes his manner suggests that he might be having a more visceral reaction to jwn86's claims than most; however, I find many of his points valid and do not wish to suppress or alter his participation. Sometimes tact and respect can prevent discovery, just as sometimes not having it can. Why not let him continue and we'll have both?

That being said, I can relate to the frustration over having someone make a claim that seems to lack support based upon our previous observations. I do not think that he feels threatened by someone with a high IQ. If someone came into this thread claiming to have a genius level IQ and acted in a way that supported that claim (per Lex's understanding of what it means to have a genius level IQ) he wouldn't have an issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I don't necessary think the honest expression of opinion is counterproductive here. Yes Lex has a habit of saying things in an abrasive fashion, and yes his manner suggests that he might be having a more visceral reaction to jwn86's claims than most; however, I find many of his points valid and do not wish to suppress or alter his participation. Sometimes tact and respect can prevent discovery, just as sometimes not having it can. Why not let him continue and we'll have both?

That being said, I can relate to the frustration over having someone make a claim that seems to lack support based upon our previous observations. I do not think that he feels threatened by someone with a high IQ. If someone came into this thread claiming to have a genius level IQ and acted in a way that supported that claim (per Lex's understanding of what it means to have a genius level IQ) he wouldn't have an issue.
    Exactly.

Furthermore, due to the fact that "high IQ" follows along a spectrum and is relative, not arbitrarily confined to a specific cutoff, I would find it helpful to specify what one understands as "high IQ." I would consider "high IQ" to be 130+ and anything above 160 to be rather unreliable. Therefore, what sets genius apart from raw intellect (processing power) is one's ability to structure information in a meaningful manner, which I believe to be influenced by personality.

Much like jwn86 claims to be able to differentiate between merely "ambitious" intelligence and "true" intelligence, I differentiate between intelligent personalities and stupid personalities; those that are capable of utilizing their cognitive potential productively. The difference being, of course, that my analysis is based upon objective criteria. I find this to be the case with you, myself, and some others here, but not with jwn86 and the poster whatever, whom jwn86 claims possesses a "high IQ."

Merely possessing raw cognitive power (as measured in accordance with the limited standards of IQ tests) does not imply much of anything about an individual's real potential to be "intelligent." Hence why so many of our greatest thinkers have been introverted rationals, not ESTPs who supposedly managed to acquire $125,000 engineering jobs with minimal education before the age of twenty.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ

Notice also that jwn86 claims that "ambitious" individuals do possess high IQs but somehow do not meet the criteria for being "really intelligent." This is vacuous. Empty logic. I do find it an affront that somebody who displays such menial intellect would consider himself "truly" intelligent as opposed to us purely "ambitious" NTs.

Frankly, I am both "highly intelligent" as per IQ and ambitious pursuit of knowledge and understanding.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte