User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post

no, it's just really obvious when there's a mismatch.
    shouldn't that be easy enough to figure out when you're talking to someone and getting to know them though? putting an actual iq number limit on people you're going to be in a relationship with just seems ridiculous to me. it's giving one culturally biased test way too much importance.

that being said, i love me some dumb guys.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I frequently run against objects cause I dont see them. Want to make out one day with me ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    FREE

OP ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    First of all, IQs above 160 are dubious at best due to the lack of standardization. It becomes rather arbitrary at a certain stage.

Second of all, personality is an important component of intelligence, in my opinion. IQ is nothing more than raw processing power (a rather coarse measure at that); it does not reveal how an individual approaches and interprets life.

Hence, in my not so humble estimation, a high IQ INTJ, for example, is more "intelligent" than an ISTP with the same score because the personality is more "intelligent."

Individuals generally connect with those of similar intelligence, as is the case with almost all other traits. A stupid individual tends to bore an intelligent individual (and just as often vice versa).
    Thank you for you response. I'd be interested to hear more about your thoughts on type and IQ; however, I'd also like to remind you and everyone else here that my original post was not intended to talk solely about intelligence, nor did I use the term IQ to mean intelligence (even though it is the intelligence quotient). If we think of IQ as the numerical result of a selection of semi-standardized tests, nothing more, and we discuss how that number is associated with certain qualities, then we would be doing exactly what I had intended in my original post.

You mention that you believe that an INTJ with a high IQ would be more intelligent than an ISTP with a high IQ. This brings up a good point. If we look at the population not as a whole but as separate personality types, we might be able to see some stronger correlations and associations. How might an ISTP with a very high IQ be different than one with a lower IQ? He might not be as intellectual, but there could be some other differences which are present.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Yeah I am part near genius being partly an electrical engineer ! That was the one thing I needed to know in life, now it all makes sense !

Really, people who believe doctors are intelligent have never met a doctor. The nurses that's a different story, but doctors: just no
    According to the data presented, since you're an electrical engineer, it is also quite possible that your IQ is below 100. In fact, since the bottom and top 10% are excluded from the graph, it is possible (should we not use common sense and only use the graph) that your IQ is zero or infinite or both at the same time. What of it?

Statistics is a wonderful discipline; it gets its bad reputation when people misuse it. If you have an issue with what is presented on the graph, might I suggest taking a look at the reference material.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    In fact, since the bottom and top 15.9% are excluded from the graph,
    Fixed, tut tut.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Fixed, tut tut.
    What am I missing? I'm basing what I said on the fact that the box plots show the 10-25 25-50 50-75 and 79-90 percentile ranges, thus indicating that the bottom 10% and top 10% aren't displayed. Did I not see something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Just for the record, I know 2 intellectual ISTPs. One of them works as a financial economist, the other one as a car mechanic but has an amateur interest in physics (he's getting a BS in physics while working full time). Thus I don't think their personality makes them usuited for intellectual activity.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Actually, the analogy as to how MBTI and IQ tests work is still valid. I made an analogy that a pear and an apple are both fruits, whilest you say that they both do not have the same shape. Both are correct, both are valid, but the flaw you perceived in my analogy was your own understanding of said analogy. So maybe this analogy clears things up a bit. :P
    Well, I apologize if I misunderstood, but isn't the main similarity between the two the fact that they are systems of classification? Their goals seem quite different, with IQ being more linear and MBTI being more "complementary" (not official terms, just my half-assed lexicon ).

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The interesting thing about the gifted is that they are different. They are different intellectually and they are different emotionally.

Most of us can understand intellectual difference but few of us appreciate emotional difference.

So what is the emotional difference?

Well, the gifted are formally said to be over-excitable (OE). This means they have a very high response to stimulae, and in this case, emotional stimulae.
    I've read that autistic people are not under-sensitive as previously thought, but over-sensitive, if we wish to make a generalization... So, I think you're on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    *Terman's Classification
    • 164+ Genius or Near Genius
    • 148-164 Very Superior
    • 132-148 Superior
    • 113-132 Above Average
    • 84-113 Average
    • 68-84 Dullness
    • 52-68 Borderline Deficiency
    • Below 52 Definite Feeble-Mindedness
    Keep in mind that this is based on a SD of 24, while most people calculate their results based on a SD of 15. I suggest you convert the chart to avoid misunderstandings.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Keep in mind that this is based on a SD of 24, while most people calculate their results based on a SD of 15. I suggest you convert the chart to avoid misunderstandings.
    Could you elaborate? Are you saying that an IQ of 164+ on this chart represents a lower IQ on another? Even if it does, does it really matter? I was simply using this chart to be able to refer to each numerical quantity in terms of the associated descriptor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I frequently run against objects cause I dont see them. Want to make out one day with me ?
    ooh my dream man <3<3. absolutely.