User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Yeah I am part near genius being partly an electrical engineer ! That was the one thing I needed to know in life, now it all makes sense !

Really, people who believe doctors are intelligent have never met a doctor. The nurses that's a different story, but doctors: just no
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    you get to cast the first stone.
    Oh no, I have no interest in throwing stones at you, I can empathise; therefore beware!

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Here's an idea: if you think about the statistics vice versa. Wouldnt that mean that everyone above a certain high IQ automatically needs to become a doctor ? Are guys like Einstein or Feynman mavericks then ?

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Here's an idea: if you think about the statistics vice versa. Wouldnt that mean that everyone above a certain high IQ automatically needs to become a doctor ? Are guys like Einstein or Feynman mavericks then ?
    If you can say something like this and disbelieve in the IQ of doctors based on your interactions with them... *sigh*
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Banned

IQ makes it easier to climb into bed with academia, but it does not give me an interest in doing so. I've met some incredibly smart Doctors (note not doctors you meet in a hospital); but I've met some very average ones also. The worst has to be general practioners, their average intelligence level seems remarkably poor. The last time I was there I re-diagnosed myself and the doctor agreed and then changed her whole diagnosis...

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    If you can say something like this and disbelieve in the IQ of doctors based on your interactions with them... *sigh*
    I try to dissasemble dispensible statistics like that by trieing to find inherit logical flaws, which contradict the whole theory in itself. That is the best way to convince guys who love such statistics that the statistics suck without an appeal to their common sense and life experience, which should automatically decline their brains to read such statistics. The problem is if that experience is lacking, they do believe such statistics and then you have a vicious circle

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

My theory is that the table of statistics was copied from the other table of statistics which says "Academical professions girls most likely like to hump". They prolly only inserted "electrical engineer" at the top level so that nobody would have any suspicions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

are there people out there on dates that are actually asking "what's your iq?"

my iq's in the superior range and i'm a lazy fuck who never does anything with it.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

I try to dissasemble dispensible statistics like that by trieing to find inherit logical flaws, which contradict the whole theory in itself. That is the best way to convince guys who love such statistics that the statistics suck without an appeal to their common sense and life experience, which should automatically decline their brains to read such statistics. The problem is if that experience is lacking, they do believe such statistics and then you have a vicious circle
    So your way to disprove a statistical claim is to interpret it as the least reasonable of the 4 possible causality interpretations?

That's about as 'logical' as a Terry Pratchett novel.
    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    are there people out there on dates that are actually asking "what's your iq?"

my iq's in the superior range and i'm a lazy fuck who never does anything with it.
    no, it's just really obvious when there's a mismatch.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Resonance View Post
    So your way to disprove a statistical claim is to interpret it as the least reasonable of the 4 possible causality interpretations?

That's about as 'logical' as a Terry Pratchett novel.
    I did not understand that, as far as I know there is only one causality.

I said that the last refuge for a reasonable guy is to try to find out a logical flaw in the statistical claim, so obvious that its even visible to the blind guy. there are people who believe in statistics like that and then start to look for a doctor to get them a really smart man, I tell you statistics are the devils work !