User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I think I should change my type

What type should I be now? I'm down for any type, I think they all have great qualities

Enneagram
    CFV

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post

What type should I be now? I'm down for any type, I think they all have great qualities
    You should see how you like a full swap and try out being an ESFJ

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Lots of people try to pick the type they most admire and work towards that... others are just borderline with their preferences and will never feel 100% with a type.

But usually I find when people change their type they're moving in the right direction... sometimes from getting called out on this forum. Don't think it's a bad thing, you can't just take a blood test and find your closest type.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Lots of people try to pick the type they most admire and work towards that... others are just borderline with their preferences and will never feel 100% with a type.

But usually I find when people change their type they're moving in the right direction... sometimes from getting called out on this forum. Don't think it's a bad thing, you can't just take a blood test and find your closest type.
    But some people tend to act differently online compared to "real life." You wouldn't even know that I may be an IXFP if you met me in real life. There is even a slight possibility that people might think I'm an INTX in real life. I mean, an INTJ professor of mine was surprised that he "met an INFP" when the majority of his students tended to be INTPs. What others think of me online, what I perceive myself, and what others perceive me in real life can be very different indeed.

You may have very easily thought I was turning into a making of a stereotypical INTJ during middle school. It has only been the making of high school that my attitudes have changed so much about people.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    But some people tend to act differently online compared to "real life." You wouldn't even know that I may be an IXFP if you met me in real life. There is even a slight possibility that people might think I'm an INTX in real life. I mean, an INTJ professor of mine was surprised that he "met an INFP" when the majority of his students tended to be INTPs.
    If anything I think people are more apt to be themselves and how this wish on an forum full of strangers. But that may be outweighed by IRL being a lot more multidimensional, but still here there's less incentive to be any one way because online people have no bearing on your normal life.

It gets boring if you don't. It's like a JJ Abrams drama without the cliffhanger endings. I need some aspect to question...

If anything I think people are more apt to be themselves and how this wish on an forum full of strangers. But that may be outweighed by IRL being a lot more multidimensional, but still here there's less incentive to be any one way because online people have no bearing on your normal life.
    I think the difference in the speed of action/reaction can change perceptions. Real life is much faster.

For some people, yes. For others, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post

I pick..... XXXX

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecTcelfeR View Post
    Picking a type is too permanent. Once I see it I don't feel I fit it, but if it's in my mind I can alter it to my liking. This brigs me comfort so I took it away from myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    The changes in my type reflected a gradual shedding of the layer of bullshit I had gathered from spending years on this forum. Then I leveled out.
    I can relate to these points.

When it comes to my type, I'm certain of three dichotomies and still ponder on one from time to time. Rather than constantly changing my type when I feel like leaning towards one or the other, I've opted for not displaying it anymore. Leaving it up there when I feel uncertain feels like lying to everybody. Also, I'd rather not be blindly boxed in as one certain type when somebody feels like "criticising" and grasping on the elements of a type that might or might not be mine after all.