User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 197

  1. #71
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    That one is kind of a toughie because as annoying as it is, for all I know they could be right...
    No, that's no excuse. If there's a reason for what they believe, then they can elaborate it. Saying that the other person is just too young doesn't actually address the subject. It's a non-sequitor.

    If you disagree with something, and make an argument as to why, and then somebody says it's because you're young, then that person is really being a dick. They are both ignoring and invalidating your argument, and refusing to except your opinion.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  2. #72
    Senior Member Lateralus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Posts
    6,276

    Default

    'Well, there ya go'. I HATE that phrase. I've disliked every person I've ever met that's used it (often).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

  3. #73
    More human than human MetalWounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    TP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    678

    Default

    When someone says "Well if that's the way you want to put it"
    Yes, obviously because that's the way I said it. As if I would have some "other" way to "put" something?
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive

  4. #74
    perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TallulahBankhead View Post
    Ohhhhhhhh! Well, that makes more sense! I have great respect for Barbara, but I always did wonder how she made it so far in the business with such a prominent speech impediment.
    Don't you mean ssssspeech impediment?

    I think it's just tragic that her and Sean Connery never had children together. That would have been a riot.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamHotDamn View Post
    oooh! and when people say, in a dismissing manner "oh, you wouldn't understand" How am I supposed to understand if they don't explain it! :steam:
    Yup. And another one I really like is, "Well, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you." Under what circumstances, exactly, would you tell me?
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

  5. #75
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,131

    Default

    :steam: and another one I get thrown at me by professors all of the time! (like today when I wanted to know WHY I had to make my sentence diagraming notations in a totally nonsensical manner )

    "because the book says so"

    THAT'S NOT A GOOD REASON WHY!!!!! :steam: all I want is to understand it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

  6. #76
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhamBamHotDamn View Post
    :steam: and another one I get thrown at me by professors all of the time! (like today when I wanted to know WHY I had to make my sentence diagraming notations in a totally nonsensical manner )

    "because the book says so"

    THAT'S NOT A GOOD REASON WHY!!!!! :steam: all I want is to understand it!
    "Because I said so" or "Because he/she/it says so" suck. Not an explanation for anything.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  7. #77
    Morlock Rhu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    Pfft
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Any slurred phrase that has been reduced to phatic meaning. "Howsitgoin?" or "KnowwhatI'msayin?" and sometimes, "Areyouserious?"

    I might start answering with my own special slurred phrase, like, "It'stimetogofisting." That'll larn 'em. That'll larn em but good.

  8. #78
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    ^ omgsotrue.

  9. #79
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shop S-Mart View Post
    Don't you mean ssssspeech impediment?

    I think it's just tragic that her and Sean Connery never had children together. That would have been a riot.
    Ha! Did you see the "Rural Juror" episode of 30 Rock? Rachel Dratch did a hilarious Barbara. The whole interview was just filled with "r"s. This clip is the best I can find.

    YouTube - 30 Rock - The Rural Juror


    I've noticed that the Hollywood fashion people you see on tv all want to refer to fabric as "fabrication." Ex: "This dress is something you'll be seeing on all of young Hollywood this season. It has a lovely, light fabrication." So, they're dressed in lies?

  10. #80
    perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Ha! Did you see the "Rural Juror" episode of 30 Rock? Rachel Dratch did a hilarious Barbara. The whole interview was just filled with "r"s. This clip is the best I can find.

    YouTube - 30 Rock - The Rural Juror
    lol, that's beautiful. I've never watched 30 Rock. I may have to start.


    I've noticed that the Hollywood fashion people you see on tv all want to refer to fabric as "fabrication." Ex: "This dress is something you'll be seeing on all of young Hollywood this season. It has a lovely, light fabrication."
    Seriously? I guess I'm not surprised.
    So, they're dressed in lies?
    Well, it is Hollywood.

    Another one you hear is people having an exercise "regime" (instead of "regimen"). I think it's sad when people let their obsession with exercise rule them.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

Similar Threads

  1. Favourite Poems & Poems that moved you
    By Sahara in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 481
    Last Post: 12-13-2017, 08:29 AM
  2. Things that annoy you
    By WildCard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 06:11 PM
  3. Things that annoy you (pet peeves)
    By NewEra in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO