User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Oh! This is a weird, specific one, but I HATE on the Today show, when they tease a story and then say, "But first, this is Today on NBC."

But first? Huh? It's just weird. "But first, these messages," maybe. "But first, a word from our sponsor." But not "But first, this is Today..."

Also, I never got at the end of 20/20, when Barbara Walters would say, "And remember, we're in touch, so you be in touch." I could never figure out what she meant by that.

Wolf Blitzer annoys the piss out of me. Saying "the best political team on television" every five seconds during election coverage. "And to our viewers, you're in the situation room." No, fuckhead, you're in the situation room, I am in the living room.

Edit: w00t! 600 posts! What do I win?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Also, I never got at the end of 20/20, when Barbara Walters would say, "And remember, we're in touch, so you be in touch." I could never figure out what she meant by that.
    She's actually saying "We're in touch so you'll be in touch", but her well-documented (SNL) pronunciation problems make it hard to tell.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    She's actually saying "We're in touch so you'll be in touch", but her well-documented (SNL) pronunciation problems make it hard to tell.
    Ohhhhhhhh! Well, that makes more sense! I have great respect for Barbara, but I always did wonder how she made it so far in the business with such a prominent speech impediment.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    "It's gotta be around here somewhere" when you're looking for something.

Like your license.
    Or glasses - "Have you looked in your purse?" or "They're not in your purse?"

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oooh! and when people say, in a dismissing manner "oh, you wouldn't understand" How am I supposed to understand if they don't explain it! :steam:

and "well, that's just because you're young"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    I don't mind IMO used sparingly. IMHO bugs me though - the 'humble' is pretentious.

"Think positive and it will be OK." really annoys me. It's patronising/stfu rolled into one.

"Very unique" is annoying too.
    I always like to say that my IMHO is "in my honest opinion," not "in my humble opinion." My rationale: "my opinion is rarely humble, but always honest."
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oooh! and when people say, in a dismissing manner "oh, you wouldn't understand" How am I supposed to understand if they don't explain it! :steam:
    Ohhhhh GOD yes!! And you know, I have NEVER, EVER not understood whatever it was, once I forced them to tell me I think really it's often that they're more worried you'll be shocked or judge them, than that you literally (sorry cafe!) won't understand. Dammit, most people can understand anything if it's explained to them! And nobody's shocked me yet either!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    infp

and "well, that's just because you're young"
    That one is kind of a toughie because as annoying as it is, for all I know they could be right...

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

you guys have already suggested some really annoying ones!

I hate it when people use redundancies like PIN number or ATM machine :steam: THE WORD IS INCLUDED IN THE ABBREVIATION!!! Also, I hate the term "personal ID" which I hear sometimes from customers- who else's IDs are they carrying around to use?

ugh- and So what? as a response to something- it's unintelligent AND uncaring! *grrrr*
    People and companies say that sort of thing to make it sound cutesy and more acceptable. Look, you're a number. Got that ?