User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I don't mind IMO used sparingly. IMHO bugs me though - the 'humble' is pretentious.

"Think positive and it will be OK." really annoys me. It's patronising/stfu rolled into one.

"Very unique" is annoying too.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm also annoyed by most euphamisms for obscenities- my thought is that if you're feeling that strongly about it that you want to swear even if you don't normally just say the real word- we all know what you mean!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you guys have already suggested some really annoying ones!

I hate it when people use redundancies like PIN number or ATM machine :steam: THE WORD IS INCLUDED IN THE ABBREVIATION!!! Also, I hate the term "personal ID" which I hear sometimes from customers- who else's IDs are they carrying around to use?
    The worst example I ever heard was "urinary bladder." Do we have another kind?

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well... if we were fish we'd have swim bladders, but we're not!

“Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

I'm also annoyed by most euphamisms for obscenities- my thought is that if you're feeling that strongly about it that you want to swear even if you don't normally just say the real word- we all know what you mean!
    I don't mind most of them, b/c I'm not a big swearer myself, but I don't like the really stupid ones, like "fudge." Maybe it's the geek circles in which I travel, but I find it really annoying when people use "frak," Battlestar Galactica's version of the f-bomb. (And all its derivatives. Frakker, Motherfrakker, Frak that! etc. It's not cute.)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Reason being, most people who say it don't really know much about either the kid/s or the parent/s in question, and are just judging on face appearances. Being a parent of an Aspies kid who is just normal enough for it to seem to strangers that she's "just naughty", but just autistic enough for normal parenting methods to be completely useless.
    So familiar. The stuff my boys do Jen probably wouldn't be overly bothered by, but some people. :rolli: I have given a strained smile and a "This is autism in an extroverted child" to more than one idiot in the grocery store. I figure it's more civil than a backhand in the face.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

"It's time to draw a line in the sand", brought to you in association with Jeremy Kyle and ITV.

"Cheer up, it may never happen", brought to you in association with my teacher when I was about 12 years old.

"You're a brick", brought to you in association with my Mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Also, I hate the term "personal ID" which I hear sometimes from customers- who else's IDs are they carrying around to use?
    Fake ID's?

On the flip side, I get annoyed when people swear too much (such as every sentence or so), since it kind of coarsens the language and reduces the meaning of the words.

A lot of political euphimisms (tax relief, activist judges, correctional institution, etc.) are annoying for their obvious manipulation of words.

Lots of words with "family" or "traditional" in them, used to make it sounds more warm and fuzzy, or something along those lines. (Family gathering is o.k., for example, but "family movie" is kind of annoying as a way of saying "kid's movie".). there is also a political part to this, since a lot of things are supported due to being "tradition" or "family" associated, whether or not the actual effects are wanted or useful or not.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    On the flip side, I get annoyed when people swear too much (such as every sentence or so), since it kind of coarsens the language and reduces the meaning of the words.

A lot of political euphimisms (tax relief, activist judges, correctional institution, etc.) are annoying for their obvious manipulation of words.

Lots of words with "family" or "traditional" in them, used to make it sounds more warm and fuzzy, or something along those lines. (Family gathering is o.k., for example, but "family movie" is kind of annoying as a way of saying "kid's movie".). there is also a political part to this, since a lot of things are supported due to being "tradition" or "family" associated, whether or not the actual effects are wanted or useful or not.
    Agreed on all points above.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

" you're beautiful "
    the word beautiful in general is appalling, its tripe now

" from the moment I saw your face "
    so you're that superficial ?

" honestly,....."