First 1234513 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Internet chat abbreviations of any sort, especially when numbers are involved.

MBTI
    ISTx

"Git'r done!"

"Everything happens for a reason."

MBTI
    ENTP

as long as I know what someone means, I don't usually care how they say it, but I do find certain phrases get me on edge, such as:

- "saved" used in the typical Protestant kinda way
    - pronouns that denote God having capital letters, like He, Him, Whose, You and things like that, I get the reasoning behind it but for some reason it just bugs me, can't really explain why
    - when people say/write 'take a decision' rather than 'make a decision'. Apart from looking strangely pidgin, it suggests an avoidance of responsibility, like we're not owning it, not admitting to creation of the decision but suggesting instead that we're sorta plucking it from elsewhere, ready made. Huh.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESFJ

"It is what it is."

/thread
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

"Should of." You can say "Should've" and it's okay by me, but when you write it, it's "Should have."

"Better then." Sorry. It's "Better than."

I know it's correct to use 'literally' when you are trying to say 'really, really, really,' but it still bugs me. If you say it was "Literally raining cats and dogs" I'm going to think bad things about you. I can't help it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infp

I also don't like the word "classic", just because it puts things on a pedestal and often causes people (especially newcomers to whatever "classic" thing it is) to not actually interpret and decide for themselves if they enjoy something. This can also be applied to critics in general, although that wouldn't be relevant to this thread. People assume something is great because it is considered "classic" and don't neccesarily think independantly. If you don't like whatever classic thing after your own interpretation and your own tastes, you are automatically immature, unintelligent, have poor tastes, ect, and this bothers me. Too much pretention...

MBTI
    ENTP

"I'm sorry you feel that way".

It's insulting on just about every level I can think of. It's about the furthest thing from a genuine apology there is; it's a mockery of an apology - a placebo that'd only fool or placate the most gullible moron. When I hear someone say that, I really, really, really want to beat them black and blue.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    People who double the word "is." "My question is is that the right page for this assignment?"

Also: "daycation" (as in a one-day vacation). Spas in soCal use this in their marketing a lot. It's annoying.
    WooHoo! I want a "daycation! hehe ;P

I was told over at INTPc that it was polite to say IMHO or IMO when giving advice in a thread. I suppose it's helps one come off as less of a know it all. The 2cents thing annoys me too. I am pretty blunt irl but online I try to be a little more tactful and will give them the imo now and then to keep the peace. That and I promised Ivy that I would behave over here and I am a woman of my word.

Understand beeatches?

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    "I'm sorry you feel that way".

It's insulting on just about every level I can think of. It's about the furthest thing from a genuine apology there is; it's a mockery of an apology - a placebo that'd only fool or placate the most gullible moron. When I hear someone say that, I really, really, really want to beat them black and blue.
    I am truly sorry. Is this better?

Zerg I couldn't agree more. Text speak really pisses me off. It proves how Idiocracy is alive and well in the world. God help us all. Intelligent people please reproduce so the "Britneys" of this world will become the minority.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

"The future is now"

So stupid. So meaningless. So over-used.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah magic, I'm with you on that. And I'm also 100% with TBGO on "everything happens for a reason". I really hate that one too and have blogged about it in the past. #

Jen, actually I think the most genuine apologies don't need to make use of the word "sorry" at all. If someone realizes they're wrong, the best thing to do would be to admit it and, moreover, change their actions to prove it.

edit - I've no issues with text speak - IN TEXT MESSAGES!!!! If it's the only/main way that a person writes in any context, however, I tend to feel not so much annoyance at the person, but at the education system and society that's failed them. But then that just begs other questions that invalidate the entire concept of having any problem with any form of spelling or grammar at all, and I end up not really being bothered...