First 123412 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

My bad. I hate that.

Or when people say, "I could care less." Come on people. Learn to properly express yourselves!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTP

People who double the word "is." "My question is is that the right page for this assignment?"

Also: "daycation" (as in a one-day vacation). Spas in soCal use this in their marketing a lot. It's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP

IMO
    IMHO
    In my opinion,
    Just my two cents
    Just my opinion, folks.

DUDE. The fact you are saying it means it's your opinion. Have the guts to just state it without tacking a stupid, mealy-mouthed disclaimer on the beginning or end of it.

Even worse than that is, "You are entitled to your opinion." Meaning, "I'm not going to listen to anything you say, so screw you."

Whew. That felt good.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

"politically correct"... says "lie"

"spin"... just say "lie"

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    People who double the word "is." "My question is is that the right page for this assignment?"

Also: "daycation" (as in a one-day vacation). Spas in soCal use this in their marketing a lot. It's annoying.
    OMG Yes! I hate when people double up on words like "has has" and "had had" and "that that." SO ANNOYING. It breaks up the flow of what you're talking about. C'mon people, in English, there are ways around this.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    IMO
    IMHO
    In my opinion,
    Just my two cents
    Just my opinion, folks.

DUDE. The fact you are saying it means it's your opinion. Have the guts to just state it without tacking a stupid, mealy-mouthed disclaimer on the beginning or end of it.
    I've been called out more than once for saying something without throwing the IMO tags on it. IMO is my "UNCLE!" in what could potentially turn into a brawl.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I get very angry when someone says, "You will/will not X." instead of "You should/shouldn't do X," You need to do/avoid X or else Y will happen/not happen," or something similar.

The first one makes me feel like my intelligence has been insulted, and usually makes me want to do the opposite of what they said. Often it even results in feeling violent towards the person, though I don't act on it.

The last two make me feel like someone wants me to do something they think is good, and I'm likely to listen. It seems like a small difference, but it's palatable to me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Just about any internet abbreviation, as well as any other unnecessary word shortenings, such as "4 u 2 lite the gas, strike the match, lol."

("u" for you is the most annoying and seems to show up the most.)

"I'd like to encourage you...", my dad used to say this a lot, it is quite annoying for the same reason any euphemisms will get annoying.

MBTI
    infp

"often times" The "times" is unneccesary and it bothers me.

Most teen slang... like "sick" and "bomb"

"Well life isn't fair!" I'm not debating if life is fair or not, its just that this is usually said after someone (usually a teacher in my experience) makes a poor decision and the people who have to suffer as a result say "thats not fair!". The issue is that it is their decision and to compare something that is their direct responsibility and decision to something like life, that has an uncalcuably huge number of variables, is stupid. Its not life that isn't being fair, its you that isn't being fair.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

No offense, but IMHO, this thread is so gay.

Just kidding!