Borrow from Peter to pay Paul
    Even steven
    By hook or crook
    Every dog has its day

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    "Cool beans" Eww!

Yes! I almost forgot about that term! Thanks for dredging it up, Jen.

I HATE THAT TERM!!! ARRRRGGGHGHG! When I went to school in Massachusetts everyone and their aunt said it. Drove me nuts. It's hella cheesy...

Get it...beans and cheese?

I prefer "no worries" to that term, and I don't even like 'no worries' that much either.

Non CA'ians all seem to hate 'hella'. Sorry friends, that colloquial adjective is here to stay. I've never heard butt-hurt...are you sure that's CA P_M? Maybe it's a socal thing. And it sounds riztarded.

I dislike the overuse of the term 'whatever' in real life (no offense of course to our member Whatever). It's like people have lost 30% of their cranial capacity or something or lost the part of their brains responsible for language. Can you think of nothing better to say?

It also grates on me when people say, 'I don't care [what you think]' preemtively or just out of the blue. I'm like damn, no one implied you did and ironically no one even cares if you do or not. I see the term overused and of course used defensively and antagonistically. Take a chill pill --> Does anyone still say that?

Oh, one that I personally hate: "Are you Chinese?"

WTF DUDE??? Is that a come on line??? (And I swear to god, for some guys it is) Are you playing "The minority guessing game?" Do I win a prize?? Unless you are looking for a translator or something (which does happen, but in which case it would make more sense to ask, "Do you speak XXXX") seriously people.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

Yes! I almost forgot about that term! Thanks for dredging it up, Jen.

I HATE THAT TERM!!! ARRRRGGGHGHG! When I went to school in Massachusetts everyone and their aunt said it. Drove me nuts. It's hella cheesy...

Get it...beans and cheese?

I prefer "no worries" to that term, and I don't even like 'no worries' that much either.

Non CA'ians all seem to hate 'hella'. Sorry friends, that colloquial adjective is here to stay. I've never heard butt-hurt...are you sure that's CA P_M? Maybe it's a socal thing. And it sounds riztarded.

I dislike the overuse of the term 'whatever' in real life (no offense of course to our member Whatever). It's like people have lost 30% of their cranial capacity or something or lost the part of their brains responsible for language. Can you think of nothing better to say?

It also grates on me when people say, 'I don't care [what you think]' preemtively or just out of the blue. I'm like damn, no one implied you did and ironically no one even cares if you do or not. I see the term overused and of course used defensively and antagonistically. Take a chill pill --> Does anyone still say that?

Oh, one that I personally hate: "Are you Chinese?"

WTF DUDE??? Is that a come on line??? (And I swear to god, for some guys it is) Are you playing "The minority guessing game?" Do I win a prize?? Unless you are looking for a translator or something (which does happen, but in which case it would make more sense to ask, "Do you speak XXXX") seriously people.
    The Online Slang Dictionary | Definition of butt-hurt

I had not heard this colloquialism until about two years ago, and it was on Laguna Beach the first time I did hear it. I've read adult male Internet posters (SoCal denizens) use it, however, and it seems to be popular.

And we will have to "agree to disagree" about hella.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

The circles people travel in are surprisingly insular, I think. I live in LA and I've never heard anyone actually say "hella" except on TV. And I was never aware of the term "butt-hurt" until pure_mercury brought it up.

One California-centric word that gets me is "rad". It's so surfer cliche that I can't believe anyone really says it. Whenever I hear anyone say it I feel like I'm in an 80s skateboarding movie.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

"exception that proves the rule"
    "same difference" - unless you're talking maths
    "FYI" - just the acronym
    "gutted" - popular New Zealand one
    "I could care less" when logically it should be "I couldn’t care less"
    Anything with word "literally" in it, only because it has been officially murdered.
    "Happy as Larry," - who the fuck is Larry?

And "Go figure", what does that even mean? Leave the room and come to an understanding?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never really understood the problem with "I could care less." People say the opposite of what they mean all the time. It's called sarcasm!

Still and all, I could care less what y'all think of it.

Also.. Mort Belfry, that avatar is fucking creepy. Just FYI.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

^
    The first thing I thought when I saw Mort's avatar is that this is the picture Marilyn Manson must have taken to his plastic surgeon/dentist/makeup artist/hairstylist and said "Make me like this!"
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari