User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you like most about your specific MBTI/Enneagram/stackings combination?

173 so/sx

ESTJ, 1w2, either So/Sp or Sp/So.

I don't know a whole lot about the stackings (since I haven't found descriptions good enough to help me decide what their order is, for me), but ESTJ and 1w2 means that pretty much everything about my ESTJ-ness that could be considered offensive or harsh is tempered and subdued to the point that it's barely noticeable. So my 7 integration and 2 wing make me seem like a nice person, instead of an overbearing, Te-dominant jerk, like so many other ESTJs that people complain about. But on the down side, having Te combined with a 2 wing can make me a little paranoid about the possibility of offending anyone -- and I use the word "paranoid" because my Fe is too weak for me to make a truly educated guess.

Fi + type 1 gives me double the poetic righteous indignation (which can be fun because it makes me feel like a Warrior For Great Justice!). And Te means I'm not as resentful as a lot of Ones, since I feel obligated to speak up more often than I feel obligated to say nothing. (Actually, I initially didn't think I was a 1 just because I didn't relate to the resentment thing -- that's how little I define myself by it. Which is great! Resentment sucks.)

But I think my favorite part of the combination is that I'm tough. Type 1 means I keep my complaints inside, Sp 1st/2nd (and 7 integration) means I won't let myself suffer for very long, and ESTJ means that I care more about solving problems than talking about them. So that combination gives me some excellent coping mechanisms that have served me well.

I could go on for a while, with this, but my brain isn't very linear today.
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Banned Array
    6w7 sp/so

INFP 6w7 > 1w9 > 4w5 sp/(so/sx)

I like having my own inner sense of right and wrong; my morals are all my own, which in turn with my 1w9 nature makes me very attuned to knowing what should be (or rather, the way I want things to be because I see it as more right/better). I like the way I collect information via Ne/Si; I accumulate data and add it to a familiar storhouse of feelings and experiences while sifting and dredging through such data and making intuitive jumps among that said data. I like having enough Te to argue against people when needed but otherwise be fairly chill by not always using it. Being and introvert + 6w7 + self-preservationist is awesome cause I'm always on the search for something to satisfy my boredom or fullfill my pleasures but I need not drag other people into my process; I'm like a creature comfort house kitty. My loyal Fi+6 nature along with my Ne+4 quirkiness makes me a good friend, once I trust you that is.

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post

The sp/sx stacking also means that there's this conflicting urge to withdraw and connect at the same time
    Tell me about it.

"I love people! They are so interesting and complex and fascinating!... STOP INVADING MY SPACE... I want to know the deepest, most precious secrets of your heart!... If you keep on exhausting me with your bullshit I will death stare you to the ground... All I want is to be known for who I truly am *sighs* ... I SAID STOP INVADING MY SPACE!"

Sp/sx can be genuinely schizophrenic at times. But again I am glad that I am an introvert and a 9 which means that I keep my mood swings to myself instead of throwing it all out there and at the same time Fe gives me the ability to say the polite and gracious thing even though I might not feel like it on the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Tell me about it.

"I love people! They are so interesting and complex and fascinating!... STOP INVADING MY SPACE... I want to know the deepest, most precious secrets of your heart!... If you keep on exhausting me with your bullshit I will death stare you to the ground... All I want is to be known for who I truly am *sighs* ... I SAID STOP INVADING MY SPACE!"

Sp/sx can be genuinely schizophrenic at times. But again I am glad that I am an introvert and a 9 which means that I keep my mood swings to myself instead of throwing it all out there and at the same time Fe gives me the ability to say the polite and gracious thing even though I might not feel like it on the inside.

Exactly! I also have this annoying habit of trying to get close to someone and running away once I've gotten too close >_<
    4w5 sp/sx EII

iNFP 4w5 so/sp

I like the most ...

This is who I am. Social justice. Must make a difference in the world. Must nurture; I am extremely nurturing, even to strangers. Must be at the top of social hierarchy, not in the way of making the most money, but being one of the most accomplished, driven, important and successful. Must have information, must make connections, must socialize, must be aware of what is going on in the external world, must keep finding ways to solve important human rights issues. Research, research, learning. Must retreat, relax, listen to music, lose myself, procrastinate, hermit for a day or two, needing to be comfortable, well-fed, well-slept, well-rested, quiet time. Must be an individual, must be independent, open-minded, compassionate, creative, flexible. Life is not worth living unless i can uphold certain principles. Novelty everywhere, getting high on ideas and on feelings, being moody and temperamental. Self-indulgence, contemplation, sarcasm, adrenaline rush on future possibilities. Randomness, quirkyness, intellectual gibberish.

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    INFP 4w5 sx/sp/so... I think it's a good mixture because it keeps you on the underground... you slide under the radar of everything but can still connect to people.

I think the 'sx' part is the most important of all, since it compels me to go out & be in the world rather than mull everything over within my head-cave as a lonely hermit
    Lonely hermit 4w5 sp-dom reporting in....

I'm an INFP 4w5 sp/sx. Not sure of my tri-type just yet.

I like that I am independent, creative, artistic, self-sufficient, enjoy being with my own thoughts, my "own person", walking to the beat of my own drum, imaginative, passionate without being melodramatic, bookish, knowledge-seeking, not content with surface understanding, a quick learner, able to connect with people one-on-one even if socially awkward, able to understand individuals well even if not group dynamics, introspective, imaginative, drawn to complex ideas & novelty (not intimidated by them), ultimately caring even if aloof, able to convert emotions into useful information, not distracted by frivolity but able to discern what is truly necessary, possessing an eye for aesthetics, able to create comfortable & appealing spaces, intellectually inclined, not scared of or put off by intensity, able to see many different perspectives, inclined to give the benefit of the doubt, able to perceive beyond the physical or the obvious, able to see value/beauty in things others overlook, good at teaching others what I know, compassionate and empathetic. I also have high standards, appreciation for others' individual strengths (don't need people to be just like me), patience, flexibility but also a backbone, strong sense of morality, and emotional resilience.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

ENFP 4w5 9w1 7w6 sx-so.

I like that this type comes with so much flexibility. I can be happy go lucky girly girl, I can be brooding dark and almost predatorial, I can be enticing, inspiring and compelling, and I can go peaceful, almost wise and accommodating, depending on who's in front of me and what they(and I) need. I also have a full on bitch mode (it allows me to actually get shit done on my own, without asking others for help though) and some others that I'm...not so fond of

The 4 means that I can keep myself entertained (even though I'm an E) in the meaning of life and who I am for hours on end (Fi) and burst with creativity (Ne), while not fearing the darker sides of my personality and in fact actively exploring them with glee. Add the sx-dom in the mix, and I'm capable (and fond) of going deep and intense with people one-on-one. I don't do social awkwardness when people cry, fall apart, or experience god knows what other bad intense emotion. I'm just there for them, to either crash on, or to help them explore if need be, to get out of that nightmare. Equally, I enjoy it tremendously when people share something intimate with me, that they experience as blissful or tell me about with intense passion.

The ENFP w5 means I'm obsessively Ne-ing all over the place to collect little nuggets of data to complete the big swirling puzzle in my head on just about *every* topic. I'm grudgingly allowing TeSi to finally help me out in this process (it slows down the Ne ) Granted, put me under stress and the ENFP 2 that comes out is whiny and clingy

The 9 means that I am able to even emotions out when entering a big group, something that's kinda lethal as an ENFP 4, I find (too deep and intense emotions from too many people= enfp overload and backlash from group!), balancing things out and detaching somewhat in order to be somewhat of use and not get riled up too badly. The w1 keeps me positive and dreaming to accomplish perfect balance, minimizing conflict in groups (my so-second helps navigate these murky waters out here, I'd wager).

The 7 means that if all is well and I'm kinda done with all the emotional crap that goes on, I can go nuts. Add a smidgeon of Ne and off we are being silly and running wild, letting off some steam. The w6 will keep an eye out to only do this though when it's actually safe to do so. Bouncing off the walls, ftw!!!! Laughter is the best cure they say

I also find that the Ne-dom often allows me to see all sides to an argument, and Fi helps me deepen out the motivations people have for their actions to get a more complete oversight (as long as the issue isn't too close to my Fi or I make a conscious effort to keep my Fi in check, and stop Te kneejerk reaction in the process). For this reason, I am reluctant to use Fi to judge, but am learning to do so after gaining that oversight. I only recently let my TeSi out of its cage longer than just to stretch its legs and feed it, but man, that was an effing ordeal. They do work and rather well, I've found, as they get the job done. Downside? If used for too long, I enter bitch-mode..something my INTJ almost instinctively tries to Fi the shit out of to make sure I turn back into a cuddly loveable Ne-ball of fun (he *really* doesn't like that side of me). The thing is that I'm afraid to let it go, as I only invoke it when I need to get shit done and it costs me oodles of energy to go back there, increasing the risk of procrastination and Ne-rebellion, resisting TeSi-mode fully.

In short:

I like that I'm mostly flexible when it comes to dealing with people and life itself. I find bending is preferable to breaking wrt life. I also love the creativity and ability to balance passion and peace that comes with having this type as well as the understanding of living creatures and communication focus it entails. Lastly, the chameleon function is awesome.

It doesn't have much to do with the Enneagram (though god knows I love being 9w8 So/Sx), but I really really like the combination of Ni and Ti for my two strongest functions. It's led to much productivity in the areas to which I held the most esteem.
    I've looked up to the people who read/understand philosophy for as long as I can remember, and have always had nothing but the utmost respect for people who showed to me they were actually interested in/comprehensive of the topic. It's like they get a gold veil in my mind that no one can take from them.

Then 8-10 months ago I started becoming more involved in these things without even realizing it. I was reading a ton about so much random shit that it's not even funny. Then I came across MBTI which opened the door to Jung and Frued, which then led to me reading a little bit of Marx, then spreading out into multiple different schools of philosophy. I hadn't really noticed I was going down this path until at school someone became frustrated with me for comparing the topic we were studying to a philosopher and his ideas (It was Baudrillard and simulacra), telling me something along the lines of, "No one cares about your philosophical crap," which made me happier than just about anything that's ever been said to me, because it made me realize that with little to no conscious effort I had become who I idealized, which has made me feel much more certain about myself than I ever have before. Of course I still slip at times, but much less often and much less severe than it used to be.

tl;dr - I like Ni+Ti because Ni helped me build a vision of the ideal person('deep' philosophical thinker), and Ti gave me the interest and desire for knowledge that has helped/is helping me shape myself into that person with almost no effort. It helped me reach the Ubermensch

9w8 so/sx

ENTP 7w8 9w8 3w4 sp/so

I like that the 7 in me is optimistic about life and the future, I like that the 9 in me is optimistic about other people and their intentions, I like that the 3 in me is optimistic about my abilities and things succeeding and together they form a holistic view of disgraceful optimism.

Then along with that, my w8 tweaks my 7ness and brings sky-high goals for motivation and take-no-prisoners style of assertiveness when infringed upon.

I enjoy my E-type more than anything but I appreciate that it makes me a light-hearted fun-loving able-to-focus-on-the-good version of an ENTP who is a touch soft around the edges.

My sp-ness can take a jump! It's a big part of who I am but I see it as something to kill with fire rather than embrace.

lab rat extraordinaire Array CrystalViolet's Avatar
    5w4 sx/sp

INFP 5w4 sx/sp.
    I'm warmer than people initially think. I see things about people especially, that others don't by the simple fact I spend a lot of time on the periphery. I like asking why. More people should do it.
    I love theorizing. Learning new things and being driven to do so, means I occasionally I sound impressive.
    It's seems to me, I'm a lot freer than some peeps. I'm less bound by social convention, because it doesn't matter so I,ve experienced a lot of things I wouldn't,t have necessarily if bound by social convention.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.