User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ugh, I hate my name. It reeks middle aged news reporter or something. I don't think it's a good name at all, but it's a socially acceptable name, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Out of curiosity, as a female, do you prefer Miss or Ms (or if you are married, Mrs)? I go by Ms. I feel displeasure when people call me Miss. Nobody calls me Mrs.( What! don't I look married?) I prefer Ms. because it's nobodies business if I'm married or not. I will probably keep my last name if I ever get married. Unless I really like my husband's, but I'd probably double barrel it then, because I know it irrates people
    I prefer Ms too. My marital status shouldn't be evident for all to know due to an honorific. Men don't have to put up with that silly old "Master" anymore, which I believe is the equivalent of Miss.
    Last edited by violaine; 06-26-2011 at 09:48 AM.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Ugh, I hate my name. It reeks middle aged news reporter or something. I don't think it's a good name at all, but it's a socially acceptable name, so I guess I shouldn't complain.
    Barbara?!?!?!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Barbara?!?!?!
    No, not Barbara, Wanda, or Deborah thank God.

It's Diane. (A lesser of those evils, at least.)

(I hope I didn't offend anybody with those three names.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I think my names are very representative of my nature...

Whether they influenced me as I was growing up (as I learned their origin at a very young age),
    Or if my spirit is just indicative of thie historical figures I named after, I cannot tell, but there is definitely a strong correlation:

ALEXANDER = "Alexander the Great was an ancient Macedon king. Greece was unified by his father, Philip II, but Alexander went on to extend the Macedon empire eastwards to the periphery of modern India."

from: http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect...Alexander.html

DIONYSUS = “Dionysos was the god of the grape harvest, winemaking and wine, of ritual madness and ecstasy in Greek mythology.”

HALL = "Hall is a family name of English origin and means 'kind' and 'forgiving'. This originates from the belief that Viking thanes were eternally benevolent to those that worked within his hall. The name was used to indicate the main occupation of the individual, in a role such as a servant or chamberlain. Hall is the 19th-most common surname in the United Kingdom. Within the United States, it is ranked as the 26th-most common surname."

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Heh... here's a question for ya.... do you still do double-takes when someone uses your old name around you (when talking about someone else)?

My old name was about as prevalent as my current name is.
    I still sometimes have to avoid turning my head when someone with my old name is called out nearby.
    It's been getting better with time, but it was freaky the first year or so... names really get ingrained.
    I also wanted to really avoid the social faux pas of responding to the wrong name... that just would be bad...
    I cringe and my heart sinks a little... but then when I see they're not talking to me I smile. I don't hate my old name, I hate how it didn't fit me, on other people it's aiirite. But yes, my ears prick up when it's said around me.

Anew Leaf

I like my first name. It has about 100 different nicknames you can create out of it.

My parents gave me a nickname when I was born, and I went by that solely until about 13 when I decided I wanted to be called something different. Today my family calls me one name, and my friends call me another. One guy I dated tried calling me by my family nickname and it was so creepy. I finally had to explain to him that if he wanted me to consider him a brother, by all means, call me by that name.

It was rather fun growing up to have friends call, ask for me, and then hear my parents yell for someone completely different. Lots of calls being hung up and then redialed.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know how to describe how i feel about my name...i like it but i sort of wish it were a stronger name i guess...something about it sounds babyish to me and i think it just has to do with being babied growing up...maybe...it's an odd thing to put into words.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I have always hated my first name, and have spent years having to explain how to spell and pronounce my last name, which isn't really that complicated if you think about it. Unfortunately, I was not given a middle name to fall back on, and never bothered to change my first name. I use it, and recognize it as meaning me, but prefer to hear it as little as possible.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalViolet View Post
    Out of curiosity, as a female, do you prefer Miss or Ms (or if you are married, Mrs)? I go by Ms. I feel displeasure when people call me Miss. Nobody calls me Mrs.( What! don't I look married?) I prefer Ms. because it's nobodies business if I'm married or not. I will probably keep my last name if I ever get married. Unless I really like my husband's, but I'd probably double barrel it then, because I know it irrates people
    I don't mind Miss or Ms - I'd take either, honestly, as for me they're far preferable to 'Maam'. Uggh. I suspect Customer Service people have been instructed to use that title for any woman who's obviously no longer just out of college... but I feel so OLD whenever I hear it and I cringe internally.

So I therefore love it when cust. service people call me 'hon' or something like that instead -- because at least I don't feel like an elderly woman. lol.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ