INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by senza_tema View Post

It's okay, come play with us!

http://www.springerlink.com/content/g27712381030508n/

i found this, but i cannot understand it.

suddenly it seems strange to me that men do not have a rhythmic sexual cycle like women do.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I had a really crap day yesterday. All better today as I have the day off from work. Yeah, oh and I haven't officially gotten out of bed yet and it's 1330.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I was thinking sex drive must ebb and flow in guys, I mean they don't want it all the time.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

http://www.springerlink.com/content/g27712381030508n/

i found this, but i cannot understand it.

suddenly it seems strange to me that men do not have a rhythmic sexual cycle like women do.

They do have one. It's actually shorter than the female hormonal cycle, they cycle more rapidly. It's why they're more aggressive or moody sometimes. Men tend to show moodiness through anger, though, more than women ...which is why I don't buy shit about women being soooo emotional ...sure, that can be true...but a lot of men are emotional in the sense of getting angry, getting into fights and being moody or irritable.

Men don't want sex 24/7, contrary to popular belief, and anyone who has been in a committed relationship knows that their partner also likes to sleep, gets in a bad mood, gets tired, gets sick, and some guys think it's boring to talk about sex if they aren't horny.

It's just that since women cycle so slowly (and bleed, and can get pregnant) we simply do not have the same level of sex drive as consistently as men because we're more intensely aroused part of the month, and more disinterested at other times, and for valid reason. It's nature's way.

It's because men can potentially impregnate a lot more partners and have more children in a year than a woman can. Women usually can only have one child per year, except for cases of twins/triplets, while men can potentially impregnate a much larger number of women.

HOWEVER, I would think that our frontal lobe development would have curbed that a bit, as a man should rationally only have as many children as he can afford to feed and otherwise care for. What the fuck's the point of having a bunch of children who would die from lack of food or resources, etc.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    HOWEVER, I would think that our frontal lobe development would have curbed that a bit, as a man should rationally only have as many children as he can afford to feed and otherwise care for. What the fuck's the point of having a bunch of children who would die from lack of food or resources, etc.
    If the children aren't food, you mean? Damn, that was so NT of me.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

They do have one. It's actually shorter than the female hormonal cycle, they cycle more rapidly. It's why they're more aggressive or moody sometimes. Men tend to show moodiness through anger, though, more than women ...which is why I don't buy shit about women being soooo emotional ...sure, that can be true...but a lot of men are emotional in the sense of getting angry, getting into fights and being moody or irritable.

Men don't want sex 24/7, contrary to popular belief, and anyone who has been in a committed relationship knows that their partner also likes to sleep, gets in a bad mood, gets tired, gets sick, and some guys think it's boring to talk about sex if they aren't horny.

It's just that since women cycle so slowly (and bleed, and can get pregnant) we simply do not have the same level of sex drive as consistently as men because we're more intensely aroused part of the month, and more disinterested at other times, and for valid reason. It's nature's way.

It's because men can potentially impregnate a lot more partners and have more children in a year than a woman can. Women usually can only have one child per year, except for cases of twins/triplets, while men can potentially impregnate a much larger number of women.

interesting. that all makes sense.

i know i've read something about a 5-day male cycle somewhere in the bowels of the internets - how accurate that proposed timespan actually is, i do not know. i wonder what the biochemical mechanisms of the male cycle are.

Bollocks! Complete and utter bollocks! ... Actually, yeah maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    If the children aren't food, you mean? Damn, that was so NT of me.
    Don't eat the babies, that's just plain wrong. We need them for the work force.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think you're all missing the point, What the HELL is with Today, today?

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

I don't know Today. I'm busy today maybe you can introduce Today tomorrow.

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.