User Tag List

12311 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Anew Leaf

Default Forum Etiquette

Hi. I feel compelled by my INFP inner voice to write this post. I will keep it brief: people need to stop being so damn rude to each other on here. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see when others are actually getting upset, so back off. It makes it not particularly enjoyable to be on here, and it drives members away. There are people of all ages, backgrounds, and countries posting on here. Be polite. (And I am not talking about a heated discussion on a particular topic, I am talking about random threads where people come in to troll for no other reason than that they are bored.)

In summation: if you need an INFP to be your voice of reason, you are failing at life.

[YOUTUBE="6FOUqQt3Kg0"]R.E.S.P.E.C.T.[/YOUTUBE]
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think the real problem is people taking themselves and this forum entirely too seriously.

But if someone is offended by something, why keep taunting them? Not cool.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Examples from the board?

Are you even listening, Dee?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    But if someone is offended by something, why keep taunting them? Not cool.
    It's not, but have the problem is the things people take offense to. How everyone else interprets what was said is based around the initial reaction of whom it was spoken toward, therefore even if they were offended by what was said and either chose to respond in a less aggressive manner or not at all, the original comment wouldn't draw as much negative attention as it does. Realistically, how do we actually solve the problem? Just all post in a overly labored sense of contrived politeness?

I'm not saying there aren't instances in which people making disparaging comments toward someone else, I'm just saying there has to be a point in which we can facilitate the blame in the direction of the reactor as well. Sometimes people just take harmless comments and teasing entirely too seriously.

What you think is a harmless comment and teasing can be hurtful to others or just plain rude, just sayin.

What you think is a harmless comment and teasing can be hurtful to others or just plain rude, just sayin.
    +1

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

But separate from instances in which it's completely obvious that the post was some sort of personalized attack, how do we objectively determine what is and isn't rude comments? My point in all of this is that you have very little control over how people react to what you say, therefore at times the nature of the conflict is nothing more than varying interpretation. With the existence of the gray area we base our reaction either off our own feelings or how the other person reacted to what was said, which may or may not always be an appropriate response to the comment. You have no control on the emotional reactions of others.