User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    The problem comes when a poster doesn't say they are offended, OR when other people get in on it and it's like a little clique war. That is kinda lame. (There again, maybe they were offended, lol). It's all so human.
    Yes, it is human. It's typically how riots and civil wars begin. Usually both sides have some ground to stand on and only a battle will settle it.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Lol, it was funny.
    But it may have harmed his cute-cat-INFJ project.

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I think it was bottled up, it's a joke that's been made a few times.

I like the tone of this forum for the most part, I think all POVs should be expressed and not everyone has the same sense of humor, nor should they.

If someone offends you push right back at them I say. The problem comes when a poster doesn't say they are offended, OR when other people get in on it and it's like a little clique war. That is kinda lame. (There again, maybe they were offended, lol). It's all so human.
    Which can lead to spats, that, in turn, can lead to some form of repercussions the longer it drags. It is the reason why some threads get locked. People either push too far or lower the value of the thread. *cough* circumcision *cough*

Or, "you're taking this way too seriously."

Pick one or the other.

Or look, I just posted in rainbow (see how the posts/thread just devolved so easily?) (Nothing against Halla... I could easily post a random picture.. but I'm loving rainbow right about now.)

It is ok when it comes to debating, however... that is what debating can look like to some... arguing.

Anew Leaf

Back off= leave the thread.

Not too complicated.

ReflecTcelfeR

Definitely some venting by Will. I think there were signs of him angering. At that point I call provocation. Yet you really can't take people you can't see, besides the occasional picture or video too seriously; I agree. I dunno; people are people and they'll do what they will.

May I submit my own recent experience?

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...l-inquiry.html

figsfiggyfigs

thats quite good!

Anew Leaf

Didn't address part about intentions... If you think someone is misunderstanding you then try to explain as needed.

It should be about respect on both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Back off= leave the thread.

Not too complicated.
    It is not the words that offend but the intentions we perceive through them. I could offend you by giving you very nice names in a condescending tone of voice (people tell me that it one of my qualities). But we cannot always see intentions clearly in a merely text-based environment. So if I simply leave the thread when there is a misunderstanding of intention, I am admitting to something I have not done. What I would rather do is explain my intention (which usually is not to offend) and then expect the situation to be resolved. I believe, as a principle, that talking about interpersonal problems is usually the best way to solve them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Didn't address part about intentions... If you think someone is misunderstanding you then try to explain as needed.

It should be about respect on both sides.
    Read too late.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    What you think is a harmless comment and teasing can be hurtful to others or just plain rude, just sayin.
    I take offense to this comment.