User Tag List

First 263435363738 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Ten bucks on this thread being dragged to the Graveyard/Fluff Zone. Shame, tho - I think there were a lot of good points in there...
    Well, I agree. There are some interesting points made, but its more BS fluff/derailment, than relevant posts.

MBTI
    yupp

I'll take a rootbeer float please.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    What's that mean in plain English? I'd really like to know.
    I'll start working on my response right now.

thinking of you

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It's mostly those derailments that make the thread worth reading!
    But those who agree with me will remain silent and all the stones will be thrown at me.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It's mostly those derailments that make the thread worth reading!
    But those who agree with me will remain silent and all the stones will be thrown at me.
    No no, I actually I agree I love derailed threads. chaotic in a sense that I enjoy. you're reading all this serious shit than all of sudden BAM! Drama or BAM! Ridiculousness. It's great.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Ten bucks on this thread being dragged to the Graveyard/Fluff Zone. Shame, tho - I think there were a lot of good points in there...
    Wherein lies the shame? I visit both the Graveyard and the Fluff Zone as well.

Unhappy Parents, Children and Us

The need for etiquette begs the question. And the question is, why is there so much nastiness on the internet?

And the answer is simple - there are many who are emotionally and fnancially dependent on their parents, and being dependent do not dare be nasty to their parents, but instead come here to express their nastiness.

It's a hierarchy - the parents abuse or control their children making the children feel nasty. But because the parents hold the purse strings and emotional rewards and punishments, the children look for the vulnerable to be nasty to.

And so nastiness percolates down the hierarchy from the parents to the children to us.

This is a tragedy because creativity requires the nurturing of vulnerability, not the opposite.

And this is why the internet is so short of empathy and creativity - it is because abused or controlled children come here to abuse or control.

figsfiggyfigs

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Wherein lies the shame? I visit both the Graveyard and the Fluff Zone as well.
    Ha, good call, Nic. It's just, in theory, those are the domains of "frivolous" or "goofy" threads, which is why they don't add to the post count...

I have a lot of fun at Fluff Zone threads, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The need for etiquette begs the question. And the question is, why is there so much nastiness on the internet?

And the answer is simple - there are many who are emotionally and fnancially dependent on their parents, and being dependent do not dare be nasty to their parents, but instead come here to express their nastiness.

It's a hierarchy - the parents abuse or control their children making the children feel nasty. But because the parents hold the purse strings and emotional rewards and punishments, the children look for the vulnerable to be nasty to.

And so nastiness percolates down the hierarchy from the parents to the children to us.

This is a tragedy because creativity requires the nurturing of vulnerability, not the opposite.

And this is why the internet is so short of empathy and creativity - it is because abused or controlled children come here to abuse or control.
    That theory isn't half bad.