User Tag List

First 253334353637 Last

Results 341 to 350 of 384

Thread: Forum Etiquette

  1. #341
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    @ the claws and fangs of this thread: Wow. Just, wow. Anyone want a root beer float?
    yes please!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  2. #342
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Dude, I'm offended. Doesn't sound like you were offering that to everyone. I smell a hint of discrimination.
    Haha. No, I have enough for everyone. A 5-gallon bucket of ice cream and 40 2-liters of A&W root beer. I'm pretty sure we'd all be acting a little more friendly if we got together in person.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  3. #343
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    yes please!
    *makes root beer float* Here you go. Enjoy.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  4. #344
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Haha. No, I have enough for everyone. A 5-gallon bucket of ice cream and 40 2-liters of A&W root beer. I'm pretty sure we'd all be acting a little more friendly if we got together in person.
    Aight, if it's chocolate then it's on. Otherwise, I'll remain offended at the offer.

  5. #345
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Aight, if it's chocolate then it's on. Otherwise, I'll remain offended at the offer.
    It's vanilla. But, I knew you'd be stopping by, so I got this smaller 1-gallon tub of chocolate. I wanted everyone to feel nice and fuzzy. You can take the chocolate home with you when you leave too. Here you go. Enjoy.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  6. #346
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    It makes me sad that this post seems to have been overlooked. Quoting it to call more attention to it.

    KEPS IS THE BRINGER OF WISDOM.
    Look Patches, you have a emoticon!


  7. #347
    jump sleuthiness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    1,860

    Default

    With the assumption that our members have a pea-shaped realization of how common semantic errors foul up everyone's perceptions 25/7, I think [won't say which instinctual stacking here] are the primary source of this frustration that others feel in the form of warnings, bans, and otherwise unwarranted scoldings that resemble those of an uninformed parent dealing with an innocent child. The "If I don't take responsibility for the feelings of others, who will?" seems like more of an internet-bred mantra than anything else, and actually has everything to do with the protector living up to his or her personal, internal image-- the importance of which is magnified by being part of an internet chat forum. I think these emotional projections make perfect sense, so long as we take our recent evolutionary progress into consideration; I wonder if it (anger)'s an instinct on its way out because I can't imagine troubleshooting a shuttle on its way to Pluto by pounding the shit out of a window pane with my fist.

    On the behalf of everyone, thanks for sticking up for the rest of us.

    thinking of you

  8. #348
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleuthiness View Post
    With the assumption that our members have a pea-shaped realization of how common semantic errors foul up everyone's perceptions 25/7, I think [won't say which instinctual stacking here] are the primary source of this frustration that others feel in the form of warnings, bans, and otherwise unwarranted scoldings that resemble those of an uninformed parent dealing with an innocent child. The "If I don't take responsibility for the feelings of others, who will?" seems like more of an internet-bred mantra than anything else, and actually has everything to do with the protector living up to his or her personal, internal image-- the importance of which is magnified by being part of an internet chat forum. I think these emotional projections make perfect sense, so long as we take our recent evolutionary progress into consideration; I wonder if it (anger)'s an instinct on its way out because I can't imagine troubleshooting a shuttle on its way to Pluto by pounding the shit out of a window pane with my fist.

    On the behalf of everyone, thanks for sticking up for the rest of us.
    What's that mean in plain English? I'd really like to know.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  9. #349
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    We need to clear out all the useless posts out of this thread. Pain in the ass to go back and read it properly.


    Yea. It would be better to move the irrelevant/fluff/derailment, out.

  10. #350
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Ten bucks on this thread being dragged to the Graveyard/Fluff Zone. Shame, tho - I think there were a lot of good points in there...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 370
    Last Post: 02-07-2016, 09:54 PM
  2. Forum etiquette?
    By Giggly in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 09:29 AM
  3. Forum Etiquette
    By disregard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 11:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO