User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

MBTI
    ----

at least this thread gave us some spunky new emoticons. this one is entirely appropriate for this thread.

figsfiggyfigs

It wasn't so much this one, as the one Oakysage stared. This one just provided a few new ones to the addition.

MBTI
    ----

inane details offend my Pness.

please say sorry to my Pness.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    inane details offend my Pness.

please say sorry to my Pness.
    You just wanted to use that smiley.

MBTI
    ----

omg, you are so offensive! [wets pants]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    omg, you are so offensive! [wets pants]
    I think you would get yourself in a better mood by posting more
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    Perhaps surprisingly, being thick skinned and being respectful are not exclusive of each other. Those who consider themselves paradigms of being thick-skinned, should in a forum argument take their own advice and step away from the computer rather than continuing. Those who consider themselves above-average considerate should back off and perhaps even apologize. The problem is that one may seem aloof and cold or alternatively passive and weak. For me, the more dramatic the argument, the more I think both side's actions as idiotic.

Our biggest problem is blaming others while holding ourselves as being morally right and logical. She overreacted, he should have stepped away, they should have done this and that; We don't listen to our own advice of "I control my actions and reactions" (which we don't fully, but ehh) and instead we tell them what they have done wrong rather than accept that we have our own bias preventing us from seeing what wrong we have done. Of course this can slide into complete appeasement offline, and that can be a balancing act to avoid. However for forum stuff, if you truly believe internet forums shouldn't affect anyone then an internet 'appeasement' shouldn't affect you either. Or report stuff: maybe the mods will make a decision you don't like, but it'll probably lead to a better result than telling another that they are idiots and should jump off a bridge./Serious post in fluff pile
    It makes me sad that this post seems to have been overlooked. Quoting it to call more attention to it.

KEPS IS THE BRINGER OF WISDOM.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    Perhaps surprisingly, being thick skinned and being respectful are not exclusive of each other. Those who consider themselves paradigms of being thick-skinned, should in a forum argument take their own advice and step away from the computer rather than continuing. Those who consider themselves above-average considerate should back off and perhaps even apologize. The problem is that one may seem aloof and cold or alternatively passive and weak. For me, the more dramatic the argument, the more I think both side's actions as idiotic.

Our biggest problem is blaming others while holding ourselves as being morally right and logical. She overreacted, he should have stepped away, they should have done this and that; We don't listen to our own advice of "I control my actions and reactions" (which we don't fully, but ehh) and instead we tell them what they have done wrong rather than accept that we have our own bias preventing us from seeing what wrong we have done. Of course this can slide into complete appeasement offline, and that can be a balancing act to avoid. However for forum stuff, if you truly believe internet forums shouldn't affect anyone then an internet 'appeasement' shouldn't affect you either. Or report stuff: maybe the mods will make a decision you don't like, but it'll probably lead to a better result than telling another that they are idiots and should jump off a bridge./Serious post in fluff pile
    Good post! I am sorry I missed seeing it this morning. Thanks be to the gummy bear panda for it's proper notice coming to light.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

@ the claws and fangs of this thread: Wow. Just, wow. Anyone want a root beer float?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    @ the claws and fangs of this thread: Wow. Just, wow. Anyone want a root beer float?
    Dude, I'm offended. Doesn't sound like you were offering that to everyone. I smell a hint of discrimination.