User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Hate

This is Typology Central. The forum where only the strong survive.

Anew Leaf

Again. The main point isn't whether you think someone should be upset at what you are saying or not, but that when it's clear that you've crossed a line with them... Back off. Is it really that difficult? It shouldn't be.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Are you even listening, Dee?
    She's such an instigator.

violaine

I think it was bottled up, it's a joke that's been made a few times.

I like the tone of this forum for the most part, I think all POVs should be expressed and not everyone has the same sense of humor, nor should they.

If someone offends you push right back at them, I say. The problem comes when a poster doesn't say they are offended, OR when other people get in on it and it's like a little clique war. That is kinda lame. (There again, maybe they were offended, lol). It's all so human.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1590691 does seem a little rude to me...why would you openly talk shit like that and humiliate someone. RUDE! Anyway, it seems to be a debate .

T vs. F maybe?????
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Anew Leaf

And I get that people can take Internet stuff too seriously. But this goes both ways. You can't take yourself too seriously and think that because you want to be rude that that gives you some right to be rude.

figsfiggyfigs

Are you even listening, Dee?
    Yes, I'm reading.

I agree with you and stigs. People are far too sensitive, and take the forum way too seriously.

So it's okay to insult people whenever you want then? kay...
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Again. The main point isn't whether you think someone should be upset at what you are saying or not, but that when it's clear that you've crossed a line with them... Back off. Is it really that difficult? It shouldn't be.
    What does 'back off' mean in such cases? Does it mean to shut up and get away or is one allowed to explain one's intentions?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post1590691 does seem a little rude to me...why would you openly talk shit like that and humiliate someone. RUDE! Anyway, it seems to be a debate .

T vs. F maybe?????
    I think SmileyMan was the only one who actually wanted to behave like an asshole. His post was also the funniest, though.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    So it's okay to insult people whenever you want then? kay...
    Okay is subjective. If it wasn't against forum rules, it would be. The only person stopping you is yourself, whether others agree is a different story.

Anywho, in reference to the post Nicodemus linked. I wasn' trying to be an asshole. Most of anyone that posts pictures on the forum are cam whoring, I didn't see it as a big deal, and found my comment to be silly, and not insulting. The way he retorted was insulting. Calling me an asshole, and flipping his shit out on me the way he did= Insulting.

I think SmileyMan was the only one who actually wanted to behave like an asshole. His post was also the funniest, though.
    Lol, it was funny.