User Tag List

First 192728293031 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    I think using the "people shouldn't take the internet seriously" line is a copout unless you act the same way in real life as you do on the internet. Because then, you could be someone who says rude or whatever things in person to people & they get upset, so you come to the internet hoping to be able to say those things. Your true self was rejected by the world, so you come to the internet for a more-lighthearted realm where people accept you. But if you come to the internet specifically because you're too much of a chickenshit to act like an ass in real life & you need some kind of outlet for your true self, it's pretty blatantly craven to say "people take the internet too seriously." Not that it matters much, since cowardice & bravery don't really have meaning over the internet because it SHOULDN'T be taken too seriously, but logically it's still cowardice.

Obviously, I'm going to write an article in the New york Times about this.
    What do you mean "true self"? In your model of the "self" is there a pair of metal balls - one a "true self" and one a "false self"?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'm offended. I have feelings. Kinda.
    No, no, a proper INTP whine-fest involves complaining about how everyone in the world is stupid, except for you (and maybe fellow INTPs), and how frustrating it is going through life being so superior to everyone else. Feel free to toss in degrading comments about your SFJ mom & how she just doesn't understand you & shoves her stupid sentimentality on you, and then you'll have it down pat. Remember to pepper your whining with the word "stupid" a lot, or any of its synonyms.

If anyone suggests you're being emotional or irrational, then accuse them of projecting their own feelings onto you. Also, call them lots of rude names & insult their intelligence while declaring, "I'm just being logical; stop being so sensitive".

Rinse. Repeat.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No, no, a proper INTP whine-fest involves complaining about how everyone in the world is stupid, except for you (and maybe fellow INTPs), and how frustrating it is going through life being so superior to everyone else. Feel free to toss in degrading comments about your SFJ mom & how she just doesn't understand you & shoves her stupid sentimentality on you, and then you'll have it down pat. Remember to pepper your whining with the word "stupid" a lot, or any of its synonyms.

If anyone suggests you're being emotional or irrational, then accuse them of projecting their own feelings onto you. Also, call them lots of rude names & insult their intelligence while declaring, "I'm just being logical; stop being so sensitive".

Rinse. Repeat.
    I thought this was more of a proper INTJ whine-fest. What gives?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post
    is there a pair of metal balls
    ummmmmmmmm...

those are words that are used in the manner of shorthand when you are typing quickly & don't want to ponder all of the possible alternate words.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

THE POINT STANDS!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    I thought this was a proper INTJ whine-fest. What gives?
    Well, I find the INTJforum less whiny, but then it may just be steely Te fooling me. Also, as Fi-users, they point the finger less, which seems less whiny also. They have more of a "I know I am flawed, but I'm still better than everyone else" attitude. So still elitist, but the distinction is important. It's actually similar to the one between INFPs & INFJs (self-deprecating vs. self-righteous).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    ummmmmmmmm...

those are words that are used in the manner of shorthand when you are typing quickly & don't want to ponder all of the possible alternate words.
    no, it was a reference to your post.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What I meant was "true" & "false" are just words that stand in for more complicated things that would take longer to explain.

Although I didn't use the word false. I wouldn't presume to know whether someone's online persona is a true or false representation of them, & I wasn't really talking about this board in that post anyway, but other sites I've been to, so....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Like I posted on the Nirvana fan club message board back in 2002/3, when I was 15-16. That place was batshit insane. It was like fending off a holocaust every day.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, I find the INTJforum less whiny, but then it may just be steely Te fooling me. Also, as Fi-users, they point the finger less, which seems less whiny also. They have more of a "I know I am flawed, but I'm still better than everyone else" attitude. So still elitist, but the distinction is important. It's actually similar to the one between INFPs & INFJs (self-deprecating vs. self-righteous).
    No, no, Fi is just as whiny as Fe. Fi gets offended, Fe is accusatory.

Or...

Fe puts up the cross, Fi climbs up on it.