Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I learned something, which probably means I have now forgotten something in return. Just like the time I took that home wine making course and forgot how to drive.
    You were drunk!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't find the forum especially rude, as I've already said, but continuing to make fun of a member after you've obviously upset them is a form of group bullying and it's childish.

I'm actually a little disgusted by some people in this thread after I found out what happened. Oh yeah, it's hilarious to make fun of someone who has asperger's syndrome, and then CONTINUE to make fun of them because they got upset and left.

How old are you people? 12? 13? I thought I was immature in some ways, I know I poke people myself, but after I've upset someone in a genuine manner I don't keep bragging and laughing about it. I would be ashamed of myself.

I'm pretty disgusted, and I'm not joking.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    That's kind of a semantic issue, though.

Yeah, I agree that we all have egos and that it's a pain in the butt for everyone when we release them on the people around us. Still, the types are different in the ways they react to things. As such, we have to find labels to describe the differences. For me, "whiny" is the quick label that attaches to INFP. I don't see it as a bad thing; I'm more interested in what purpose it serves and why we use that particular reaction. Apparently it works for us.
    It's a perception issue, IMO. A whiny T is sardonic, a sardonic F is whiny. I think there are some gender factors to this also. I think F males probably get called whiny more than F females (at least, I don't get called whiny in person; sardonic & critical, yes).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post
    Ohhh please. If INFPgc still existed, I'll force all you NTs in there.
    I had an account there, Way Back When.

I lasted less than a week before I just had to get out.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Meh, Fi isn't more whiny than Fe (or Ti for that matter). Have any of you visited the INFJforum? It's self-righteous whiny; at least INFPs are self-deprecating whiny. INTPs are emo-in-denial whiny poorly disguised as some kind of elitism, possibly the worst kind.

I personally find it easy to ignore rude people online, but then I've never been bullied or harassed either.
    I'm offended. I have feelings. Kinda.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    I'm offended. I have feelings. Kinda.
    That's it -- keep 'em guessing! Kinda.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's it -- keep 'em guessing! Kinda.
    Yay, that's the spirit.
    See, I can live with emo-in-denial, but why do we have to be the worst kind? That goes against the elitist image I have of ourselves!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    yupp

this thread offends me *walks off in a huff*
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Ginkgo

:uni:

Ginkgo

There was a time shortly after the installation of this forum that I would have found it to be a hostile environment full of radioactive material. At that time, I'm sure it would have ruined me if I had become too emotionally involved. In particular, I am referring to Solitary Walkers' habits of trying to crucify Feeling, and picking on INFPs like a vulture picks on corpses. This was obviously a case of him vomiting on the forum due to issues in his life, seeking revenge. I won't go any further; interesting details linger though.

The forum becomes hostile when people fall back on personal crap, be it through history with other forum members, or through their tightly wound beliefs. Even trolling is a byproduct a sheer boredom, even if those feelings are far removed from the victim. At the point of taking things too personally, people become so self-righteous that it's impossible for them to understand each other, even if it's a mutual understanding to agree to disagree. Consequentially, free exchanges of ideas become food fights and forest fires.

At the present moment, I am not offended by the forum. I can see why someone would be, though, under the right conditions.