Thread: Forum Etiquette

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Meh, Fi isn't more whiny than Fe (or Ti for that matter). Have any of you visited the INFJforum? It's self-righteous whiny; at least INFPs are self-deprecating whiny. INTPs are emo-in-denial whiny poorly disguised as some kind of elitism, possibly the worst kind.

I personally find it easy to ignore rude people online, but then I've never been bullied or harassed either.
    Oh man, whiny INTP's, (especially in real life) make me want to kill small animals. (Not Saturned, though.)

(yep, we got the random comment that I was waiting for to pop out of my mouth. I guess I was just waiting for something that had some emotional weight to it.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I would say that it’s an Fe vs Fi thing. INTP (Fe) thinks it’s okay to relate to people via pics and details about personal background, and ENFJ and other Fe types respond favorably. But then Fi types (xNTJ) hold the INTP to a higher standard: You’re cam-whoring. INTP is caught in the open between two standards of relating to people (one negative and one positive) and self-detonates.

Fe needs a comfortable environment for relating to people. Fi is usually accommodating; but since it’s hardy and basically a loner, Fi can also circle on the outside like a piranha, playing devil’s advocate: But are you living up to higher standards? Hence Fi whininess.

Just my personal take on things, and kind of springboarding off my last post.
    Got you there.....and agree.

Wait....maybe.

Discussions involved self claimed INTPs on both sides. So it's hard to follow that argument when it's Fe against Fe.

I asked in another thread if Will was IxFP by some chance. I've seen him react in an offended manner towards others in the past, it's just that this time it blew up out of control. If that's the case, I agree with you here, and it's Fi blowing up to Ti-Ne impersonal playfulness of a situation.

Meh, Fi isn't more whiny than Fe (or Ti for that matter). Have any of you visited the INFJforum? It's self-righteous whiny; at least INFPs are self-deprecating whiny. INTPs are emo-in-denial whiny poorly disguised as some kind of elitism, possibly the worst kind.
    Yes, and I am surprised that I survived in that forum. And if I decided to post in that forum again, it'll be the same. Me fighting with "self-righteous whiners."

I'm talking about the story. You're talking about the denouement.
    If you take a look at the story, it wasn't YW who made the first comment. It was Fe to Fe.

From my perspective, the entire episode was one of over-reaction from the beginning to present. I'd kill this story with fire at this point in time.

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Discussions involved self claimed INTPs on both sides. So it's hard to follow that argument when it's Fe against Fe. .
    I kind of read it as an INTP initiating the criticism of Will in a chiding/teasing manner, and xNTJs subsequently jumping in and breaking out the knives once the first blood had been drawn.

Of course we'll never know the motives of all involved. Just my personal interpretation.

[Edit:] I can't say for sure about Will's type. But I believe he self-identified as INTP, and to me personally he seems more INTP than INFP.

RDF

I personally find it easy to ignore rude people online, but then I've never been bullied or harassed either.
    That's kind of a semantic issue, though.

Yeah, I agree that we all have egos and that it's a pain in the butt for everyone when we release them on the people around us. Still, the types are different in the ways they react to things. As such, we have to find labels to describe the differences. For me, "whiny" is the quick label that attaches to INFP. I don't see it as a bad thing; I'm more interested in what purpose it serves and why we use that particular reaction. Apparently it works for us.

[Edit:] What's with that new smiley face? It looks like it's on the edge of a nervous breakdown.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

That's kind of a semantic issue, though.

Yeah, I agree that we all have egos and that it's a pain in the butt for everyone when we release them on the people around us. Still, the types are different in the ways they react to things. As such, we have to find labels to describe the differences. For me, "whiny" is the quick label that attaches to INFP. I don't see it as a bad thing; I'm more interested in what purpose it serves and why we use that particular reaction. Apparently it works for us.

[Edit:] What's with that new smiley face? It looks like it's on the edge of a nervous breakdown.
    lol!!!!

I'm really happy. .... I really am, see?? I'm smiling. Don't mind me, I'm just REALLY happy. (Kills self)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Anew Leaf

Fwiw, I did not intend this thread to be an instigation of drama on top of drama.

Blunt, joke posts that are in threads where there is a lot of discussion or different people talking, have a different "tang" to them than the one that sparked my original post. That was what I felt the need to address.

I do believe it takes two to tango. I am not here for a witch hunt and I have never intended to nominate myself as some sort of forum police person. This is the one instance I felt strongly about the topic and therefore out came my post.

Hopefully this came across from what I said here. I very much appreciate the feedback presented by many people here as a reminder to myself as well, that it can be difficult to decipher intentions online.

I learned something, which probably means I have now forgotten something in return. Just like the time I took that home wine making course and forgot how to drive.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Oh man, whiny INTP's, (especially in real life) make me want to kill small animals. (Not Saturned, though.)

(yep, we got the random comment that I was waiting for to pop out of my mouth. I guess I was just waiting for something that had some emotional weight to it.)
    That's because whiny IxTJs usually come off as funny, in a way, I suppose, like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory or Henry Higgins from My Fair Lady.

(Just kidding, INTJs. You rock. Srsly.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Fwiw, I did not intend this thread to be an instigation of drama on top of drama.
    You were not here for the Fe vs. Fi Wars our you'd never make that mistake!

I have the scars and battle ribbons to prove it.