User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    To be honest, I think a lot of the drama llamas are gone now. This all seems to be low-level friction, much of the time. We used to have a few personalities that would cause extremely large disruptions on a regular basis.
    But I love drama >.>

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Relatively constructive dialogue about conflict. It's amazing what happens when people listen, seek to understand the other's point of view and maybe apply a little typology.

Wonderful thread. Getting things out in the open and confronting them diplomatically is awesome. Am glad it was created and lives.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    E9

This:

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Relatively constructive dialogue about conflict. It's amazing what happens when people listen, seek to understand the other's point of view and maybe apply a little typology.

Wonderful thread. Getting things out in the open and confronting them diplomatically is awesome. Am glad it was created and lives.
    And for NTs who don't value the feely reasons to be nice to people, here's one way to look at it (courtesy of "cracked.com"):

This is why I had Pat. Pat was a friend of mine who would read this stuff [computer-related] all the time and loved it. I could have made fun of him for enjoying something I thought was boring, or I could tell him I needed a new graphics card that could play World of Warcraft but didn't need to play Crysis (this was a while ago) and 10 minutes later he would send me a link of exactly the right thing to get, and I would learn to celebrate the differences that make us human. Making fun of people for liking different things can be a great time, but it does close a lot of doors.

Read more: The 7 Types of Friend Everyone Needs | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-7-ty...#ixzz1Q4epra77

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    Okay, looks like it's been decided. We all must play like NFs.
    Apparently.

violaine

Erm, wasn't the poster in question an INTP?

------

Also, just as a general point, there are NFs who like a bit of the cut and thrust. And there are some who don't like it at all. Same with Ts. I've seen butthurt Ts, a-plenty, it's just not usually over the same issues. This is more like a we-gotta-all-live-with-each-other kind of a thing.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

or just, Ts tend to focus on facts and truth and do not always consider the personal implications of their statements. even more so for NTs because their realm is that of ideas and concepts and is more removed from the world as Fs are likely to see it, one of minor personal nuance.

to take the example we are using, the inflammatory comment was really just an observation. it was true. i've seen the photos around a lot. it just happened to be tinged with derision if interpreted in a personal light, which obviously the receiver of the comment will tend to read it in and Fs will tend to read it in.
    I clicked on the link provided on the first page, and laughed out loud at Jock's comment and YWIR's response*. It was hilarious because it was true, but it was also good-natured, and something an INTP would generally take in stride. Then Will responded in a more feelery fashion than would be expected from a self-proclaimed INTP, and it seemed like a pile-on, rather than what would be an ordinary Tuesday morning exchange on INTPc, not newsworthy at all. I can see it from the feeler perspective, but honestly? I think Will should have taken the ribbing and responded with a crack of his own--I mean, it's not like he doesn't post a lot of pics. Face saved, thread moves on. *cue "The More You Know" graphic*

*Edit: And OMG, SmileyMan's.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Strangely, I don't really see much "rudeness" on the forum compared to the past. Maybe I am oblivious. There is more drama on this forum than in my real life now... weird.
    Yeah, I'm always surprised when people periodically talk about the rudeness or meanness on the forum. This place is a freaking fairyland compared to most places on the internet. Which either means people are too sensitive here, or I am not as sensitive as I think I am.
    Something Witty

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post

------

Also, just as a general point, there are NFs who like a bit of the cut and thrust. And there are some who don't like it at all. Same with Ts. I've seen butthurt Ts, a-plenty, it's just not usually over the same issues. This is more like a we-gotta-all-live-with-each-other kind of a thing.
    This is the thing. Its a freaking forum. In regards to the posts that inspired this thread, no one was outwardly insulted, "victim" took what they perceived to be an insult, and went with it.

What really surprises me is the reaction following on both his, and everyone else's part. The issue is so small, and its been blown WAY out of proportion by the moral police. No one is even considering the absurd reaction my small comment made, they're only considering the intent of what coursed it, and how hurt the other person is--whose reaction was uncalled for.

Funny though, considering I already said, multiple times, that I wasn't being an asshole, and was NOT going to walk away while being called one either. If that makes me a bitch, so be it, I couldn't careless, all I know is that I didn't say anything remotely insulting or mean, and everyone is behaving like I did merely because of his reaction; which is laughable.

If he had told me what I said hurt his feelings, one on one, in a calm manner, I would've easily removed it, and apologized, but no, I don't think the way he reacted deserves any of my sympathies.

Are you supposed to walk around on eggshells to make sure no one flips their shit over a silly(and possibly factual) remark? Sorry, I'm not going to do that just to make sure no one runs home crying to their mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I clicked on the link provided on the first page, and laughed out loud at Jock's comment and YWIR's response*. It was hilarious because it was true, but it was also good-natured, and something an INTP would generally take in stride. Then Will responded in a more feelery fashion than would be expected from a self-proclaimed INTP, and it seemed like a pile-on, rather than what would be an ordinary Tuesday morning exchange on INTPc, not newsworthy at all. I can see it from the feeler perspective, but honestly? I think Will should have taken the ribbing and responded with a crack of his own--I mean, it's not like he doesn't post a lot of pics. Face saved, thread moves on. *cue "The More You Know" graphic*

*Edit: And OMG, SmileyMan's.

Yeah, I'm always surprised when people periodically talk about the rudeness or meanness on the forum. This place is a freaking fairyland compared to most places on the internet. Which either means people are too sensitive here, or I am not as sensitive as I think I am.
    You read my mind.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Apparently.
    Nah. That would sooo boring if that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    yes but we all have our off days. Lol

No one is going to win here, lol. Lets just agree to disagree .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

violaine

I'm not saying anyone should tip-toe. I don't have much of an opinion either way but for that this is a pretty typical way a forum works. It's fluid. People react to each other in all kinds of ways and then conversation flows around that. I think interesting insights have become apparent due to this thread.