User Tag List

First 6141516171826 Last

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post

or just, Ts tend to focus on facts and truth and do not always consider the personal implications of their statements.

to take the example we are using, the inflammatory comment was really just an observation. it was true. i've seen the photos around a lot. it just happened to be tinged with derision if interpreted in a personal light.
    Yeah, I get that. But there is a time and place for everything. In another thread it probably wouldn't even hit the radar. But it was his little fun thread and he felt attacked. I don't get what is so hard about backing off even if you think the other person is being ridiculous.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Run away!
    ^Hugs are powerful!

(Reminds me of the tale as to which is more powerful, warm, soothing sun or cold, biting wind. Yadda, yadda, cut to the chase, the sun wins the bet by getting the traveller to take their cloak off. Such is the power of the SF/NF, )

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

my cul has fame. :queenie:

*waits for someone to get this*

Anew Leaf

I'm done on my main topic I think. I'm not trying to step on a soap box, I just saw a need to address some behavior and I did that. Everyone can take what I said however they wish.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Back in srs bznz mode, something I've noticed from conversations with other forumers, (though I'm loathe to make such a huge generalization, but here goes), Fs tend to think of other forumers as real people from the outset and Ts do not, until a certain point of familiarity is reached. Interactions follow accordingly.
    Eh...it's off and on for me. I admit I read the main thread in question here and found the exchange hilarious. If you aren't always naturally in tune with people's feelings to begin with, the internet can add an extra layer of detachment, and it's easy to laugh at someone having what seems like a disproportionate reaction. Instead of feeling empathy for someone, it's like I'm just reading a comedy website. Generally I do think of people online as "real" and approach them that way though.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Very insightful with NTs -- but not so much with STs? I haven't really seen STs behaving like that. But with NTs, I think that explains a lot; most of the obnoxious trolls on this forum are NTs, and they share a lot of traits with Dr. House, in that they seem to view people as little games, and little puzzles, but not people with feelings. The forum is a diversion for them, and so are the forum members.
    Yeah, until they get booted.

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

So now we descend to more divisionary tactics, with moderation behind it too?

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Anyway, aside from all the new smileys (I might cull some of the old ones and add a few more I found), most of this is about learning to coexist despite differences of perspective.
    Yup. And conflict can be positive, there are real gains to be made through conflictive situations that are helmed well.

I always think it's too bad when someone leaves a conflict early, never to return. Missed opportunity. /<blah blah blah>

Glycerine

Strangely, I don't really see much "rudeness" on the forum compared to the past. Maybe I am oblivious. There is more drama on this forum than in my real life now... weird.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Very insightful with NTs -- but not so much with STs? I haven't really seen STs behaving like that. But with NTs, I think that explains a lot; most of the obnoxious trolls on this forum are NTs, and they share a lot of traits with Dr. House, in that they seem to view people as little games, and little puzzles, but not people with feelings. The forum is a diversion for them, and so are the forum members.
    I think that, if it were up to NTs, the whole world would be like a Professor Layton game, where everyone you meet starts making up puzzles for no discernible reason instead of tryng to get to know you.

"Oh, hi. I'm the mailman. I need to pass through all those houses, but I can only pass though each one once..."