User Tag List

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Etiquette

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    xntj

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Solution:
    Go to INTPc and come back after a month.
    I'd like to but can't, since they only take INTPs. Harshness is fine as long as there's equitable moderation and the threads don't turn into "no you're an asshole", "no, you're a gigantic asshole", "fuck you, you, you, bleeding asshole".

Peace on Earth, dammit Array Thalassa's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Could you elaborate on/give an example of that kind of "NF hazing", if it's not too much of a bother? I don't frequent INTPc, and now I'm curious...
    All you need to know is that they'd eat someone like you alive, honey. I'd probably hit them for you though. I'm nice like that.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Freaking Ratchet Array Rail Tracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    Yeah, I remember when I came here from INTPc - the ultimate place for NF hazing... I had gotten used to it and had to calm down a little myself.

As long as people who give it can take it, if they can't, that's the thing that annoys me but I don't see it a lot here.
    PFTTTT, I've been to INTJf before it got a bit more lax.

The MBTI sub-forum would always have a thread about ESFPs and NFs. So I know what it is liked to be ganged up upon.
    The sub-forums would be VERY clean in TypoC's standard (at least when I was there.)
    No colors, no signatures, all avatars cannot be bigger or smaller than 115x145.
    Compared to this forum in that day in age, this forum is a lot more lax.
    I mean, every forum ever mentioned in that forum would be replaced as to block out the forum name.
    Probably (or used to be) the most narcissistic forum there was.

It was a control, control, control forum until recently.

I mean, I wouldn't be able to post in rainbow if I was still in that forum.

violaine

Well, hazing implies that there's an end to it. ;-) But yeah, have heard about INTJf. And thank god for the freedom to post in technicolor yawn fonts. (Edit: oh, I actually do mean that about the font, not being sarcastic.)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post

The MBTI sub-forum would always have a thread about ESFPs and NFs. So I know what it is liked to be ganged up upon.
    The sub-forums would be VERY clean in TypoC's standard (at least when I was there.)
    I mean, every forum ever mentioned in that forum would be replaced as to block out the forum name.
    Probably (or used to be) the most narcissistic forum there was.

It was a control, control, control forum until recently.

I mean, I wouldn't be able to post in rainbow if I was still in that forum.
    Yeah if you ever want to be cured of an unfortunate and delusional INTJ fetish, INTJforum is the place to go.

You'll never want to speak to an INTJ ever again, and you may start plotting a mass extinction.

I joke, I joke, I keed, I keed.

"In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled." Daniel 10:2-3

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Courage is immortality Array Valiant's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    None of this social stuff bothers me in the slightest, I think it contributes to the fun, but it may be because I'm an ExFx.

JTG actually used to talk about the cliques and the popular people on this forum over a year ago. The funny thing is I always thought he was kind of popular (or at least notorious) so I could never figure out what he was so pissed about, but I think with him it boiled down to the "N snobbery" here.
    Yeah, the N snobbery was sort of worse before. That is true. But since we hardly had any sensors at all, it wasn't a big problem.
    Well, we had shorty, jeffster and whatever but they were all well-liked. So the N-snobbery was aimed more generally towards the world outside in the evil IRL.
    It can be fun with this highschool reunion way of communication, but... It has its drawbacks, too. More people are hurt, especially nice people who don't hurt others.
    Personally, I think it needs to be dealt with swiftly and harshly. The hard thing, I think, is that it might be hard to judge when it's bullying and when it's not, at times.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Yeah, the N snobbery was sort of worse before. That is true. But since we hardly had any sensors at all, it wasn't a big problem.
    Well, we had shorty, jeffster and whatever but they were all well-liked. So the N-snobbery was aimed more generally towards the world outside in the evil IRL.
    It can be fun with this highschool reunion way of communication, but... It has its drawbacks, too. More people are hurt, especially nice people who don't hurt others.
    Personally, I think it needs to be dealt with swiftly and harshly. The hard thing, I think, is that it might be hard to judge when it's bullying and when it's not, at times.
    I think the bias against S still exists here in some forms, but mostly by clueless new members who desperately need to be educated. It was enough to hurt people who were here, there were more Sensors here than Jeffster and ShortnSweet. And I can tell you some Sensors are hurt by the sensor bias even if it's directed toward "evil Sensors in the real world" and not at them specifically. It can hurt their feelings and make them feel uncomfortable or even angry. It perpetuates a sort of ignorance that everyone you like or have things in common with must all be Intuitives. It's a bunch of bull crap.

But I'm kind of oblivious to what you're talking about going on here now, I'm honest when I say I actually prefer the more social atmosphere, though I guess in some cases it can lead to group bullying because friends will back up friends.

However, if there are groups of friends, and people who know each other better, I don't see how that's a problem. It seems kind of crazy to want to restrict the social aspect of the forum, especially with there being ventrillo here and how people meet-up. Some people stay here BECAUSE of the social atmosphere.

Fasting for Advent

Give Vegan

SEE-Fi /Gamma

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Rave View Post

You're saying it got lax, but the av specs are still in effect, aren't they? (They even give a huge library and encourage you to use it rather than creating your own.) And I just had my post autocensored a week or two ago because I mentioned another forum's name and it got replaced with "...some other forum..."

*doh*

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    ...Some people stay here BECAUSE of the social atmosphere.
    My personal assessment of this site at this point is that it has become a social site that happens to sometimes discuss and/or has an understanding of type dynamics. The site content and direction is driven by membership, and that seems to be the direction things have headed over the years, so... trying to change that would pretty much gut the site.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I parted the harsh war torn lands INTPc on a little wooden raft forged from my own quest for a sense of normalcy and the sweat of my brow. I clung to this raft for my dear life for the entirety of the 7 month journey. The waters were treacherous; Food was scarce; Spirits were low; But alas on the dawn of an chilly February morning, I finally docked onto the sandy shores of the TypoC beach. The natives showed me unmatched hospitality, despite appearing quite foreign and slightly primitive. They took me in and nourished me back into a healthy state of being; I gave them small pox.

violaine

Yup, and posts like these are pretty much the reason I liked ye oldie INTPc.