ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

then don't say good morning
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    well what if I don;t want to wish them a good morning, what if I want them to have a terrible morning?
    Then, um, don't greet them? Or wish them a terrible morning if you want them to know you are angry at them?

MBTI
    yupp

but I'm not angry at them
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    A lot of your response will depend on the level of support and acceptance you want from the people around you.

Generally, if you interact with people even on mere social pleasantries, they'll be more inclined to think favorably of you and/or remember who you are. If you don't and/or ignore them, the favor typically gets returned.
    There is great wisdom in this.

I used to be so irritated by the whole "good morning" exchange. I didn't see the point of it. However, since the majority of people DO expect/appreciate/enjoy this kind of interchange, I have learned to do it, and now I don't even notice it anymore.

Some times in life we must take a stand for who we are, and other times we need to just bend in the wind.

Bend little grass(Hopper), bend.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

This thead makes me , although I can relate to many things in it.

Greeting people - like, say, when you come in each day on the job - is one of those things that make it so you're viewed as a more amenable, agreeable, friendly, and generally pleasant peson to be around. That's just how it is. If you want to have easier relations/interactions with coworkers, and make it so your working relations are actually better and the other people are therefore more open to your input and such, it's a very small thing you can do to make it so other people are then more open to you and your ideas. It basically makes you seem more accessible - someone people actually want to interact with and aren't afraid of. So creating that sort of positive, even if absolutely 'meaningless' (at least, on the surface) interaction - acknowledging the other peoples' existence - is relationship building. And, in the workplace or more formal places like that, it's just one of those things.

But honestly? I really don't like saying 'hi' to my cubicle mates in the morning when I get in, walking by them. Typically they initiate, occasionally I do. It becomes obligatory and frankly 95% of the time I don't even want to talk to people when I first get into the office. But I suck it up and say 'hi' 50-75% of the time, and the other times I don't. It doesn't really matter if it's not regular... it's not like people keep track. (Well I suppose some people might, but whatever)

And... it also doesn't have a whole lot to do with Fe vs. Fi either (I'm assuming eventually that'll be brought up). The one person who without fail greets people every single morning is an ISTJ - he's just a generally pleasant, optimistic, friendly guy. You can tell he doesn't do it out of obligation - he just enjoys greeting people, I think. And that's cool, more power to him.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    but I'm not angry at them
    Then why do you wish them to have a bad morning?

MBTI
    yupp

because it's monday
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I don't mind things like this, as long as they are brief and limited. Saying "good morning" to coworkers when I get to work is OK; going through the whole "how are you, how was your weekend, nice day, isn't it?" ritual is not. "Good morning" is just a brief and familiar acknowledgment of the other person's presence. If you don't like it, or it isn't morning, just use something else. I've heard hi, hello, howdy, hey there, greetings, a quick compliment (e.g. "nice jacket"), even just saying the person's name, or a polite nod of the head.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

It's just like hello and I enjoying saying good morning to the people I like.
    I won't say good morning to the people I don't like (unless I'm at work in which case I say it anyway).