User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Over-analyzing?

Ginkgo

Default Over-analyzing?

Do you over-analyze things? And I mean, grinding a concept or scenario out until nothing but saw dust is left, analyzing? Like, defeating a possibility before it's even proven to work, analyzing? Like, digging a hole to China until your body is nothing but a withered string of fecal matter analyzing? Like, completely avoiding the real danger of a piano falling on your head by meticulously counting the number of white keys in a mental scape of little special numbers that you keep in your corduroy pocket so you can pretend like they mean something as your face is turned 2 dimensional by the mashing of the laminated Yamaha wood on your forehead analyzing? Like, having your lips sewn shut by a demented Dr. Dumbass as he prods you into living every terrible consequence of your mouth opening before it happens, analyzing? Like, thinking of a simple exchange in phone text as some elaborate chess game in which the loser has his eyes confiscated and implanted into his nipples so he's forced to walk around shirtless for the rest of his life analyzing?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I over-analyze, therefore I am.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Eh, unfortunately I do sometimes do this. Not all the time, though, and not for things I'm not uncomfortable enough about.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

I overanalyse, but do more post-event-analysis than the pre-emptive analysis you're talking about. When I do pre-emptive analysis, it's generally very quick, so I think the length of time is appropriate to the circumstance. The post-event stuff, though, I could spend decades on it. We're not talking about grinding to dust, it's individual atoms and subatomic particles. Eep.

Enneagram
    CFV

I do this constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I over-analyze, therefore I am.
    Descartes made way too many mistakes in the first place, don't add to the list of them.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

depends on the situation. even though Im not actively analyzing, I somehow still am.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I do so frequently.

Enneagram
    CFV

It's interesting that the majority of people who say they over analyze are T. Of course, it sounds like that would be the case when you look at it from a purely discursive stance, but I always thought that feelers would be more prone to this type of thing for one reason or another.

ReflecTcelfeR

Yes. Always.

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by InTheFlesh View Post
    It's interesting that the majority of people who say they over analyze are T. Of course, it sounds like that would be the case when you look at it from a purely discursive stance, but I always thought that feelers would be more prone to this type of thing for one reason or another.
    Most are probably too busy overanalysing the question and conducting meta-analysis on their original analysis to post a response.