User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Who's he and why does he want to seductively interrogate someone?
    The Source of All Evil from the tv show Charmed... as played by Julian McMahon, later Dr Christian Troy on Nip/Tuck
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

What is your true MBTI type?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    as for family trees, investigating your ancestors tends to convince a person that they've been conceived by a long line of total bastards and probably should be up to no good instead of poking around through family history
    But at the end of the day you can say: "We've come so far since the days of razing villages, enslaving their children, drunkenly dueling for honor in the middle of the street, and making human sacrifices to appease the 4 tittied goddess of fertility, who will grant us more babies to be chucked in the meat grinder!"

but my thoughts are why spend an incredible amount of time reading about other people's lives when you could be living your own and accomplishing your own acheivements? as far as I know I'm only going to live once, so I'd sure as hell better get some living in somewhere
    Probably because the chances of reading about an interesting person are higher than being an interesting person.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    true MBTI type?
    "True MBTI type"?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

But at the end of the day you can say: "We've come so far since the days of razing villages, enslaving their children, drunkenly dueling for honor in the middle of the street, and making human sacrifices to appease the 4 tittied goddess of fertility, who will grant us more babies to be chucked in the meat grinder!"
    or the redneck variety of occasional bigamy, running a few stills and speakeasies and wife swapping with the neighbor and running off with a traveling salesman and leaving all 11 of your children behind

Probably because the chances of reading about an interesting person are higher than being an interesting person.
    that's where most people have it wrong... realize that everyone is interesting in thier own way, yourself included, and set out to live your life so that when you die you don't end up thinking "damn, why did I never try that on my own?"... then, even if nobody considers you to be an interesting person at least you won't have been bored living!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

"True MBTI type"?
    I'm sorry. I'm never completely up-to-speed on the forum. I thought you were taking on different types for fun??? Maybe I mixed you up with someone else. Is ENTP your MBTI type? Don't judge me.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm sorry.
    Why?

Don't judge me.
    Too late.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    or the redneck variety of occasional bigamy, running a few stills and speakeasies and wife swapping with the neighbor and running off with a traveling salesman and leaving all 11 of your children behind
    That's oddly specific. Would you like to lie down on the couch while I take notes?

that's where most people have it wrong... realize that everyone is interesting in thier own way, yourself included, and set out to live your life so that when you die you don't end up thinking "damn, why did I never try that on my own?"... then, even if nobody considers you to be an interesting person at least you won't have been bored living!
    The extraordinary can be found in the ordinary? What if someone lives their life extraordinarily lazy and satisfied in their laziness? Would you be content with that person, or, if that person was you, would you be content?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

That's oddly specific. Would you like to lie down on the couch while I take notes?
    I've already addressed those problems!

The extraordinary can be found in the ordinary? What if someone lives their life extraordinarily lazy and satisfied in their laziness? Would you be content with that person, or, if that person was you, would you be content?

were I the person who was satisfied with being lazy then of course I would be content

and I'm sure that if I interacted with someone of the sort we could find plenty of interesting things to discuss! (unless it's my younger cousin who I've come to the dreadful conclusion about that he really IS just a boring person)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've already addressed those problems!

were I the person who was satisfied with being lazy then of course I would be content

and I'm sure that if I interacted with someone of the sort we could find plenty of interesting things to discuss! (unless it's my younger cousin who I've come to the dreadful conclusion about that he really IS just a boring person)