123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default There's nothing new to see here on this forum

Seriously, I've been feeling this way lately. Maybe I just need a break from here for awhile. It seems like if you stay on the forum long enough, the same topics get recycled and what appears to be a new thread is really just a slight variation on another thread. I guess I'm looking for some new and interesting perspective and not finding enough of that. I even wonder why I'm posting this thread because I know that this has probably been said multiple times.

I want to ask the old timers on here, what keeps you reading and posting on here? Do you ever momentarily lose interest? I'm especially interested in hearing from those who have been been regular posters on the forum for two years or more.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I came to find myself. I stayed coz I found others.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I want to ask the old timers on here, what keeps you reading and posting on here? Do you ever momentarily lose interest? I'm especially interested in hearing from those who have been been regular posters on the forum for two years or more.
    Sure, I lose interest in some of the topics that I was actively participating in 3 years ago. Obviously the same sorts of threads get rehashed as time goes on, and whereas a few years ago I might have discussed something at length, if the same thread came up today, I wouldn't bother, either because I kinda know how it's going to go, or I've simply ceased caring about some of it.

On the other hand, sometimes the topics have just enough of a new twist, or else there are a different set of people discussing it, such that the topic the 2nd or 10th time around actually gets a lot farther, and explores much more in-depth, than the same topic a few years back. So a lot of it has to do with the mix of people involved in the discussion.

I've also 'met' some very cool people on here, so enjoy that interaction and like reading about their actual lives, and learning how they're doing or what they're struggling with -- even if it's only a sporadic communication/connection, I still feel like I 'know' several of the people on here pretty well, and several have been invaluable to me at various times. Enough that I could call them a friend if they were where I'm at and we were actually able to get together in real life. I've gained a lot with these connections and a lot of people have been there for me if I've needed to talk something out. Yay for e-connections!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Sure, I lose interest in some of the topics that I was actively participating in 3 years ago. Obviously the same sorts of threads get rehashed as time goes on, and whereas a few years ago I might have discussed something at length, if the same thread came up today, I wouldn't bother, either because I kinda know how it's going to go, or I've simply ceased caring about some of it.
    I feel the same way!

I like the people here a lot, but I'm really bad at keeping in touch -- even in real life. So I come and go, I guess. Haven't been on for six months but I eventually came back
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

yeah, I get bored regularly, too. If there's nothing to read/post, I just don't post. It's become similar to checking facebook.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Life is a lot like that. I've been working around the same people for a long time, the same subjects come up, the same things happen in slightly different ways. It's something to do, and I find that when I learn something new, everything gets interesting again.

I get really bored with the same old topics and discussions, but there are interesting and nice people here.

Plus, there's always something which I perceive as funny here.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

This does seem to be one of those "slump" periods, at least from my perspective, where it just seems the same 'ol. But something I find really interesting always comes up eventually. (Or I myself find something to add, like something I saw in the MBTI Manual I just got regarding Step III).

When it's like this, it gives me more time to finish the rest of my daily internet circuit, and get to work or whatever else I have to do.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    This does seem to be one of those "slump" periods, at least from my perspective, where it just seems the same 'ol. But something I find really interesting always comes up eventually. (Or I myself find something to add, like something I saw in the MBTI Manual I just got regardding Step III).

When it's like this, it gives me more time to finish the rest of my daily internet circuit, and get to work or whatever else I have to do.
    Once in a while something new comes up and it's like a snowball, collecting a whole bunch of other stuff to come with it. Can't read fast enough on those rare days.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    There's nothing new to see here on this forum
    But at least you can see the forum!

...just sayin'

; )