6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Default A Guide To Internet Trolls

A Guide To Internet Trolls

Typical Troll

Life Span: Several Days or Weeks.
    Danger Level: 5

The run of the mill troll that everyone encounters at some point in their internet lives. This guy is probably some douche bag teenager who pisses people off for shits and giggles and incites flame wars with his offensive posts. He lives solely to annoy the shit out of people, a hobby which he is well accustomed to in real life. Often gets banned from a web forum pretty fast, depending on the duration and amount of trolling that he does.

Asshole Troll

Life Span: Days, weeks, or even months.
    Danger Level: 7

This kind of troll isn't out to piss of people for fun, but his demeanor is so insulting and rude that most people wouldn't really know him from a typical troll. He often posts ideas about eugenics or why some absurd racist social philosophy should be the norm. When called out as a troll he often claims that he is merely stating his honest. beliefs. Has a longer life span than a typical troll, but will probably get banned eventually, or at least suspended.

Flaming Troll

Life Span: Minutes or days at most.
    Danger Level: 8

This troll ain't wasting any time being an ass. He will immediately flame and insult anyone or anything that crosses his path. Other trolls may fall into this category when they either become angry or desire to self destruct into getting banned. Even normal forum posters can fall into this, although their motivation will be different from the troll, where they are authentically angry or upset. This troll has the shortest lifespan and will quickly be banned.

Classy Troll

Life Span: Months or years.
    Danger Level: 3

A smart troll with style, this kind of guy knows how to roll carefully without getting banned too quickly. He often finds creative ways to piss people off while ensuring that no forum rules are technically broken in the process. Could possibly become well liked with his aristocratic demeanor and actually be respected, or he could be hated for his snobbish and sophisticated attitude. Usually has a very long life span, and may rarely ever get banned.

Innocent Troll

Life Span: Variable.
    Danger Level: 2

An anti-troll, he often posts things that are offensive, but he doesn't mean to and isn't even aware of it. Ignorant and curious, he easily may say things that are very stupid and foolish. But unlike the asshole troll who is naturally offensive, the innocent troll is probably a kindhearted person. Often these kinds of trolls are fairly young or immature for their age. Will probably get infracted or suspended before growing out of their trollish behavior.

4 Chan Troll

Lifespan: Forever.
    Danger Level: 10

The worst of the worst. Hidden from an actual internet identity and possessing a vicious demeanor, these trolls will insult, flame, spam, or destroy anything in their path. They are not to be trifled with ever, as they are capable of great power in numbers and can ruin other peoples' lives. In real life they're probably sociopaths or complete bastards with little else to do other than awful. Will never get banned because they all live in 4 Chan.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    . . .
    Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Troll.
    Let's all just post, "troll."

Savage, you should write a "Which Kind of Troll Are you?" test. Because I love internet quizzes and I'd really like to know. I want to change my ways, I really do, and self-realisation is the first step.

Alternatively, perhaps you could provide a personal diagnosis?

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

[YOUTUBE="<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z4m4lnjxkY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z4m4lnjxkY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>"][/YOUTUBE] ... WTF, has tube stopped working?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    [YOUTUBE="<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z4m4lnjxkY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2Z4m4lnjxkY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>"][/YOUTUBE] ... WTF, has tube stopped working?
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY]trololol[/youtube]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I couldn't do that and you could! Why? I tried all the options there!

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'd like to think of myself as some sort of classy troll/innocent troll hybrid.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY ] trololol [/youtube ]

Is how you do it in these parts.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Aha! It was the actual address and none of those share thingies. Plus I didn't have a name for it, hah... No wonder.