User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

Default Hiding your gender.

As I spend more time in TypeC, I find a lot of people don't mention what gender they are. Some people change their avatars from male to female, or have a picture that is not the persons gender as an avatar. While my pic doesn't give you that information,a quick search will provide that info. Why hide or misrepresent who you are? Is it because you don't want it to be a factor in how people respond to you, or something else? I personally like knowing who I'm chatting with, and want others to know who I am. I mean absolutely no disrespect in this, and totally respect and understand wanting to keep personal information private. I was just wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This should be a practice of androgyny and responses of that nature
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

It is widely known that this place is a hideout for transgender ninjas. They probably killed the real Haight years ago and took possession of this site.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

Me horny. Me love you long time. 5 dollah.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgnUjvXdlz8&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

Im ok with not knowing.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

They don't want it to be a factor in how people respond to them because it doesn't matter to them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

my gender is pretty obvious here, but i interact as gender-neutral on some other forums. almost everyone is biased in how they respond to genders, so yeah, i like being of an unclear gender sometimes. especially because i feel sexually non-standard, so i do not really like traditional gender and sexual binaries anyway.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've never intentionally hid my gender but I had two different sets of people presume I was male in INTJforum chat (obviously I'm not named Marmie there). One guy said it was "a compliment."

I don't really care if people hide their gender, but it means that people will sometimes assume if they're male or female from the tone and content of their posts.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

I haven't intentionally hid my gender.. but for me its a 'couldn't care less' deal. I haven't even taken the time to create an Avatar! I guess I really should do one, (there I go again, ignoring social norms in all respects lol) actually I DID attempt to do an avatar.. it was an incompatible size though.. that was the end of that. Hiding ones gender or not having an avatar doesn't bother me nearly as much as someone that doesn't show their type. I miss out on getting to make sweeping connections and over generalizations based on that little 4 letter code. Total bummer for an Ne user =P
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Insert witty line here... Ponyboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Does it really matter that much? In a forum it seems more like just talking with some random stranger at a bar. Some opinions are worthwhile, some are drivel. Its up to the listener to determine which points are valid and which are not, not sure sex makes much difference here. Also I have seen that there are a few younger people here that are kind of going through the process of discovering themselves and aren't quite sure where they stand so they may be less inclined to state it in definite terms. I don't post a whole lot (and I just lost some posts apparently during the last "blackout" and NO I am not gonna start a thread crying about it ) but someone else's sex has never made a differrence as to wether I respond to what they say or not. Also, you should try Vent, that will help figure out who's who real quick!

PS....welcome fellow New Englander, I am originally from Mass but live in Maine now

Edit: I seriously have to knock it off with the smilies, they look like zits on my post....doh!!
    I'm never wrong, I'm just sometimes less right