User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

The general perceptive abilities upon identifying who is a male or a female is relatively easy for the given majority of TypeC. It is true that most tend to adhere to distorting their particular projections upon other individuals with the basis of gender in play and with such, flirting/playful attitude may not be an open possibility upon the many heterosexual individuals towards their equal genders. Perhaps mostly apparent in males. To play the gender confusion game may not be useful for each individual if they wish to gain certain relationship types with such.

Scenario:
    Male 1 goes and flirts with male 2 who portrays as female.
    Male 2 may or may not go with it.
    If male 2 does not go with it and mentions he is male male 1 may suffer mild self-humiliation.
    If male 2 goes with it then male 1 finds out male 2 is a male long afterwards a larger humiliating confusion occurs.

One scenario, many many other possible ones that may be far more complicated. I wouldn't believe it's worth the effort. Plus, most people would really like to know the gender you are in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    As I spend more time in TypeC, I find a lot of people don't mention what gender they are. Some people change their avatars from male to female, or have a picture that is not the persons gender as an avatar. While my pic doesn't give you that information,a quick search will provide that info. Why hide or misrepresent who you are? Is it because you don't want it to be a factor in how people respond to you, or something else? I personally like knowing who I'm chatting with, and want others to know who I am. I mean absolutely no disrespect in this, and totally respect and understand wanting to keep personal information private. I was just wondering.
    Do you mean physical or psycological?

Do you think people know? especially their psychological gender? Why not make up your own thoughts? Wouldn't this be more fun?

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I feel gender neutral much of the time and for me it's not the most important part of my self-identity. For me it's about the character traits and likes and dislikes that make me a unique individual. I don't see a need to hide my gender but I don't think its the most important thing to know about someone until you plan on getting into a serious relationship. For those you don't already know, I am a female who has gotten mistaken for a male a few times, probably because of being INTP.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I have a tendency to suspect any conscious decision to withhold information about ones self.
    Think about the alternative. Exactly how many times do you want to hear about anal warts?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Okay, now stop talking and go make me a nice Thanksgiving dinner.
    men are such dickheads. like this one time, my boyfriend and i were at the mall, and all i wanted to do was spend three hours in the shoe store, and he wanted to go to the stupid fishing store next door, and i was like, what the fuck, tony, you're so unsupportive, you won't even look at shoes with me, and he was like, baby here is $20 why don't you buy some flip flops at the walmart when you go pick me up a box of those cheap donuts for tonight before you cook me dinner, and i was like, god dammit, i can't believe i even put up with this man, but to tell you the truth i can hardly turn on the computer without his help and i definitely can't go for a day during PMS without completely losing my shit so i need a good strong man in my life to make sure i don't go totally crazy and also to eat my delicious thanksgiving dinners.

I don't hide my gender, though I can understand the confusion. It's well known isfp have the perfect blend of masculine/feminine traits.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Gender is a grammatical term that refers to a set of classes. So biological sex is just one possible form of gender. MBTI is also a form of gender and it seems that certain people choose not to share that either. Why? Perhaps to resist stereotyping.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Think about the alternative. Exactly how many times do you want to hear about anal warts?
    I just meant info that helps to understand the other person in sweeping terms.

Anal warts falls firmly outside that class of info.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Heh, I just changed my avatar from Ariel to some random male animu character...

Anyhow, as I've used Ariel avatars ever since I joined TypoC (up until today I guess), many people immediately registered that I'm female. Don't have any qualms about revealing it.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

People tend to assume that I'm male if I don't say that I'm female. That said, I listed myself as gender-neutral for a dare, and I actually came to like it better that way. I am genetically a female, but my social niche isn't feminine at all... most of my friends are male, and WHAT I am isn't WHO I am.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    I think the fact that it reads as odd if someone's gender isn't obvious shows that people do subconsciously use gender a lot in deciding how to interact with someone.
    A-M-E-N.

As for avatars... I rarely use pictures of people. More often, they're abstract images or geometric figures. It's purely visual for me. Some people will bring up my "forum persona," which baffles me. I have a persona?
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO