User Tag List

Thread: Embarrassing the Kids...

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Default Embarrassing the Kids...

I thought this father's persistence was amusing, turning what could be a one-time embarrassment into positive neighborhood buzz.

Dad plays best prank ever on teenage son

Rain Price will never forget the first day of his sophomore year of high school. On the bus, packed with classmates from his suburban Utah school, Rain peered out the window, mortified.

"The school bus for the first time ever came down our street this year," explains Rain’s dad, Dale, to Utah’s Daily Herald. "This was [my son’s] first year on the bus. My wife came running in the room and suggested we go wave at him to embarrass him.”

And so began Dale’s hazing ritual that continued every day for the rest of his son's school year. The first day may have been the most shocking for Rain, but in the days to follow, the surprises kept coming...
    Anyone with kids ever do anything similar?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar

The better prank was naming him Rain.

I wish my parent only waved to be embaressing.

My father used to drive a nissan pick up truck that he cut the muffler off of with stickers that said buy american and harley davidson on it. Not to mention the three four foot antennas sticking up out of it. Then he would pick us up from high school bumping (loudly) polka music while wearing one of those hats with the fake pony tails. Then just to draw more attention he would frantically wave at us with his arm for us to walk faster as we dodged questions like, "is that your ride?"

Love my father, but I cringe just remembering it. Lol.

He is an intp btw.

I would have LOVED a father like that. My father's so serious about everything I'd totally troll my sister's kids in this manner >83!! Ideas are brewing as we speak!!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Freaking Ratchet Array Rail Tracer's Avatar

That father is.... cool! I would of loved to have been the receiver of such an escapade.

Senior Member Array

I would have hidden his prosthetic leg before leaving for school!