User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Well you wont have more power when you get older aswell, on the contrary. When you are young people will actually care if they hurt your feelings or what your reaction is. When you get old, you'll even have lost that luxury
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

If you don't think you have any power... you don't.

It's in your noggin buddy.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

"Everything is allowed but nothing is possible",classical solipsist dillema!
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If you don't think you have any power... you don't.

It's in your noggin buddy.
    Hehe, but thats a different topic. The entj thinking he has power and the entp knowing there is no such thing like power, if not everybody accepts that there is

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

No offense Elfie, but when I hear people complain about not having the money to interior decorate, or travel to Italy, the phrase 'white people's problems' pop into my head. Chris Rock.. or maybe Dave Chapelle had a routine on it. Anyway, keep in mind some kid in Somalia would kill to be you.. literally.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    No offense Elfie, but when I hear people complain about not having the money to interior decorate, or travel to Italy, the phrase 'white people's problems' pop into my head. Chris Rock.. or maybe Dave Chapelle had a routine on it. Anyway, keep in mind some kid in Somalia would kill to be you.. literally.
    Well true, tho I tend to think of that problem: only because it is a different definition or dimension of freedom, it doesnt mean it is not the same feeling

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    no, that's the thing. I'm actually very well off for people my age. my parents are paying for college. I don't feel sorry for myself at all, I'm just frustrated because I have virtually no real power and it makes me kinda uncomfortable having to rely on people generosity and guidance
    Maybe this is a bit of jaded bitterness coming out, but I cannot stand when rich people complain about their luxuries. The thing is, Elfboy, if you wanted to go to college you would find a way. You're young, full of life, and possibilities. Whatever you want, you can work towards it and get it. On top of that, you have the privilage of having parents that are well off or planned accordingly to ensure you were set up for college. No struggling, no working two jobs while trying to study through bleary eyes, etc. You're set.

I know a lot of people are very jealous, and ill-tempered when they hear this.. "Ugh. Spoiled." and they scoff while wishing they had a situation just like the one they're scoffing at. But I think it's a great thing. It's an awesome opportunity a lot of people don't get. I know you'd be able to do what you set your mind to.. but having an easier time of it is never a bad thing. If your parents were dangling their generosity over your head, I could see some frustration.. but the end result is, you could struggle as hard as others and still get the same results.. but being ahead of the game with this will only further your opportunities for the things you do want--like this arbitrary power thing you're struggling with.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence" ...
    One thing I'm famous for for saying around my household... "You always think the grass is greener, and maybe it is.. but it still tastes like grass, smells like grass, and you'll still have to mow it. So stop worrying about the damn color."
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I feel like mid twenties is going really well so far. I've done all the major leg work career wise, yet am very healthy, on my way to becoming financially well to do, and have the independence and play money to do what I want while still having the health, time, and energy to do it. Love being young! Life could very well be at it's best in the younger years, you never know.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I feel like mid twenties is going really well so far. I've done all the major leg work career wise, yet am very healthy, on my way to becoming financially well to do, and have the independence and play money to do what I want while still having the health, time, and energy to do it. Love being young! Life could very well be at it's best in the younger years, you never know.
    I was referring to young as in high school through undergrad in college.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well true, tho I tend to think of that problem: only because it is a different definition or dimension of freedom, it doesnt mean it is not the same feeling
    Which illustrates that happiness has a lot more to do with mindset than circumstances, after certain basic needs are being met. Anyway, I wanna go to Italy and buy some new furniture and get some chicks too, I tell myself the same thing and just figure out a way to enjoy myself. I know it's definitely not my youth keeping me down, though.