First 345

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

finding out my ethnicity would be interesting, but what I'm REALLY after is finding out how much neanderthal blood I have.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    GONE

I want to do it! I was even looking into those online genetic testing sites but my friends dissuaded me because of some loophole (or not even loophole) where once you sign up with them the company owns your genetic information. Also, there is a difference between different genetic tests - the most popular kind that people can sign up for is around a few hundred dollars and it will identify major genetic markers in your DNA to guesstimate your racial ancestry. This is the test thatt is widely touted as the 'ancestry test'. It's actually not as personalized and detailed as people think.

A more detailed personal genetic panel is very expensive but that's the one you use for medical purposes, to identify likely diseases etc. etc.

Anyhow, these things confuse me.

I wish I could've gotten an invite to do that world DNA bank back when they did it.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

violaine

^Ooh, interesting info.

I want to do it too. I have access to information about my lineage on my Father's side for many generations. But my Mother's side is harder to trace. And my family on that side are a little too unusual looking to just be what we've been told.

MBTI
    GONE

Oh, I also remember that the testing works better if you are a man because you contain dna from both your mom and dad's line. But, if you are biologically female [edit] they can only test for your mom's line or something...don't remember exactly [/edit]

Like I said I actually thought about doing this but the company I was looking at is owned by Google and my friends made fun of me and kept saying 'Google is gonna own your DNA!' :P
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I want to do it! I was even looking into those online genetic testing sites but my friends dissuaded me because of some loophole (or not even loophole) where once you sign up with them the company owns your genetic information. Also, there is a difference between different genetic tests - the most popular kind that people can sign up for is around a few hundred dollars and it will identify major genetic markers in your DNA to guesstimate your racial ancestry. This is the test thatt is widely touted as the 'ancestry test'. It's actually not as personalized and detailed as people think.

A more detailed personal genetic panel is very expensive but that's the one you use for medical purposes, to identify likely diseases etc. etc.

Anyhow, these things confuse me.

I wish I could've gotten an invite to do that world DNA bank back when they did it.
    exactly. there aren't enough specific markers of ancestry for the test results to be highly accurate (we're far too similar genetically. I think it's something like .1% of our DNA that is different from each other)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I started a similar thread a while back regarding genographic testing.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...c-testing.html

It did seem on all the results the lineage lead back to Africa and as i understand it Africa being a starting point is now disputed/proven incorrect (for now). Would be interesting to see if they have adapted findings.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Quote Originally Posted by GemPOPGem View Post
    I started a similar thread a while back regarding genographic testing.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...c-testing.html

It did seem on all the results the lineage lead back to Africa and as i understand it Africa being a starting point is now disputed/proven incorrect (for now). Would be interesting to see if they have adapted findings.
    Are you referring to this new finding? I think the findings need to be investigated more for a more conclusive model, all they have is a hint, but agreed, fascinating if this was the case (Asia to Africa) juxtaposed to the inverse, Will be fascinating to see how it all develops.

and thanks for the link to the former thread!

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    Are you referring to this new finding? I think the findings need to be investigated more for a more conclusive model, all they have is a hint, but agreed, fascinating if this was the case (Asia to Africa) juxtaposed to the inverse, Will be fascinating to see how it all develops.

and thanks for the link to the former thread!
    Yes, exactly that. I'm also open to new possibilities, discoveries keep on happening.
    I'd still like to do the testing, i find it all fascinating.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"