User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Default What is the best way to back up your posting/writing history on internet forums?

I have written a fair amount here and on other message boards. At some points its seems to be like a diary of my life. Other times a diary of my thought process or otherwise funny/novel things I have thought up that I want to keep.

Particularly with this site all too often going down/being hacked/whatever I have become committed with the idea of preserving my writing for future use/contemplation.

However going to my history and manually copying and pasting each post and hitting the back button seems like a less than ideal way of going about this and would be fertile ground to make a rift of mistakes or making a trainwreck when of repetitions and fluff when it comes time for me to clean up or edit.

Even if there wasn't a computer program to do it easy and I had to copy and paste I am sure there is a efficient technique to doing this the best way too.

Ideas, suggestions, comments?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

If you're like me(easily distracted by more important things), you have to deal with a lot of timed out pages. I tend to write a post on a notepad if it's longer than a couple of sentences. It would be easy to save those to a Post folder so you can keep a record. I know it doesn't help with older posts, but it's worth doing if you're interested in reading your own posts late at night with some romantic music on and candles lit, covered in ky jelly and chocolate syrup. I actually do have a folder dedicated to posts I never submitted, mostly because they weren't diplomatic in nature and would probably incite violent reactions but I don't care too much about the hundreds of unsubstantial trollish posts I've collected over the last couple of years. Maybe you can go to your old posts and Print Screen and have a slideshow or something.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Thanks for the pointer. Yeah perhaps when I go on my next message board forum binge I will keep a note of it in a private log but I am worried if that is too J a thing for me to do religiously. BTW ironically I think I have some Word documents of intended posts that were a bit to risqué.

I guess if I cant find a computer program I will start with the more recent posts and copy and paste back wards (at least it will make starting the project easier). I will likely limit the ones that are only a word or a picture. And if there are ones that address a whole thread often may consider copying most or all of the thread for a context.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

You could subscribe to all of the threads you start and request email notification. Be sure to select "instant notification" so that each message in a thread is sent separately. That way you can keep your posts and other forum members posts separate. In your email, you can then delete the posts from other forum members and keep all of yours in a folder. This won't work though for posts you've made on no longer active threads. For those posts, you could still copy the contents and paste into your email.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^creative. Thx