First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This site has been down for about a week because of stupid hackers. Seriously I logged on last week and it asked me to download an exe file, aka virus. Anyone else sick of this? anyone know whats going on?
    That happened with Personality Nation but I never saw any signs of this forum being hacked unless I'm missing something.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    That happened with Personality Nation but I never saw any signs of this forum being hacked unless I'm missing something.
    Ivy getting banned seemed pretty bloody suspicious to me.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Ivy getting banned seemed pretty bloody suspicious to me.
    I must have missed that too.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

RDF

The hackers are the same guys (Mongler, Promethea, et al) who put INFP-GlobalChatter out of action. But Kara was kind of an absentee landlord and let the message board software get out of date, or so they said.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Fixed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I liked the notice that asked me to download a patch in order to continue viewing the site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RDF

I looked up the file that we were supposed to download. Apparently, the software file itself is a legitimate piece of translation software, but some versions of the software come with a new virus. The virus itself is apparently not much of a problem: It just slows down one’s computer and throws a lot of pop-up windows on the screen. It only affects Windows, of course.

Trouble-makers like that particular file and virus because it’s a new virus and won’t be caught by most current anti-virus software. But since the virus is only on some versions of the file, it’s not even a certainty that the download had the virus.

Anyway, that's what I gleaned from sites about viruses and malware. The manufacturer of the translation software insists that the file is clean and that rumors of a virus carried by the file are unfounded.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    I looked up the file that we were supposed to download. Apparently, the software file itself is a legitimate piece of translation software, but some versions of the software come with a new virus. The virus itself is apparently not much of a problem: It just slows down one’s computer and throws a lot of pop-up windows on the screen. It only affects Windows, of course.

Trouble-makers like that particular file and virus because it’s a new virus and won’t be caught by most current anti-virus software. But since the virus is only on some versions of the file, it’s not even a certainty that the download had the virus.

Anyway, that's what I gleaned from sites about viruses and malware. The manufacturer of the translation software insists that the file is clean and that rumors of a virus carried by the file are unfounded.
    Good information. I'm thinking about creating virtual windows machines to download the viruses and see.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

I am not nearly disappointed enough.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Well if the hackers try to ban people and run amuck using the same method as they did before, I left a treat out on the table for them!
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so