User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    GONE

^^ In concur, this is scary!

Though I concur, this would probably do wonders for you at work...and your henchmen.

Hahahha.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    type

sorry, but i'm finding my sister's detailed responses to this extremely funny. hook or hookee. :yim_rolling_on_the_

usehername: have to note that male-male and female-female arm-in-arm tends to be different. As my sis noted, for some styles, it may make the men look...merry.

females do have it easier tho. What dana suggested is good.

you can just hold your arm static against your stomach/however high she's hooked on*. helps if she's on your dominant side. (ie, if you're right handed, she should ideally be holding onto your right arm. you may lose her/be awkward if you try to use the left one: visualise it, you'll know what i mean).

*don't be grabbing onto your boobs now, tho. that'd surely be a crowd stopper.

here. fyi:

You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
    They called me the hyacinth girl.
    Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
    Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
    Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
    Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
    Looking into the heart of light, the silence.

--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Ok, no one laugh. I'm taking the hook to be the one providing the arm (usually the guy), and the hookee as the hanger on (usually the girl).
    Same here. The hook is the provided arm, the hooker is the hanger on.

As for the original question, I don't really think it's supposed to be comfortable. It's the same as with the arms over shoulders routine. Walking like that for long is really uncomfortable. You keep bumping together unless you adopt some sort of synchronous, graceful walk, and that can easily look extremely silly. So it's not about physical comfort, it's about closeness and accepting mild discomfort and uneconomic movement to show that you care more for the other person. Fidgeting for the most economic and comfortable way of holding ruins it. Better to just settle on something, then readjust every now and then if it gets too uncomfortable, preferably by first squeezing the other person's hand tight to your side for a sec, then as you loosen again casually slide into a slightly different setup.

Edit: Haha, found this pic. Guy Richie is a girl!
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Usehername makes the best threads. Everytime I read one, my first thought is..." That seems so obvious..." and then I go to type a reply and realize I have no clue.

Usehername: solving the mysteries that no one knew existed
    Thanks, Meta
    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hey Userhername, were you the one who posted the 'mechanics of female hugs' thread way back when?
    Yeah. Inferior Se and a T. What else can I say?
    Quote Originally Posted by elfinchilde View Post
    sorry, but i'm finding my sister's detailed responses to this extremely funny. hook or hookee. :yim_rolling_on_the_

usehername: have to note that male-male and female-female arm-in-arm tends to be different. As my sis noted, for some styles, it may make the men look...merry.

females do have it easier tho. What dana suggested is good.

you can just hold your arm static against your stomach/however high she's hooked on*. helps if she's on your dominant side. (ie, if you're right handed, she should ideally be holding onto your right arm. you may lose her/be awkward if you try to use the left one: visualise it, you'll know what i mean).

*don't be grabbing onto your boobs now, tho. that'd surely be a crowd stopper.

here. fyi:

Thanks for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Same here. The hook is the provided arm, the hooker is the hanger on.

As for the original question, I don't really think it's supposed to be comfortable. It's the same as with the arms over shoulders routine. Walking like that for long is really uncomfortable. You keep bumping together unless you adopt some sort of synchronous, graceful walk, and that can easily look extremely silly. So it's not about physical comfort, it's about closeness and accepting mild discomfort and uneconomic movement to show that you care more for the other person. Fidgeting for the most economic and comfortable way of holding ruins it. Better to just settle on something, then readjust every now and then if it gets too uncomfortable, preferably by first squeezing the other person's hand tight to your side for a sec, then as you loosen again casually slide into a slightly different setup.

Edit: Haha, found this pic. Guy Richie is a girl!
    Now, Carebear, this is a baffling concept.

I have to do some thinking now. I always assumed you could optimize the physical aspect to ensure both comfort and closeness. Hmmm.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I have to do some thinking now. I always assumed you could optimize the physical aspect to ensure both comfort and closeness. Hmmm.
    I guess you can, but only if you make it clear that closeness is a greater concern than comfort. By fidgeting for comfort you're sending the opposite message and the person hooking you will think: Ok, if comfort is so important, I'll give it to you by disengaging.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I knew I'd be laughed at.

I don't know, I've always found the hold comfortable, but then, I'm the hookee. It helps if the hookee walks a little behind the hook.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Dude, just flex your bicep. Done deal.

ByMySword

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Dude, just flex your bicep. Done deal.
    LMFAO!!!! That's what I do. Hasn't failed me yet!!!!!!

MBTI
    GONE

^^ Wait, do you mean flexing biceps to pick up chicks? Or do you mean you flex your bicep and the other person takes it as a cue to let go of your arm?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Tazzie liked this post

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    ^^ Wait, do you mean flexing biceps to pick up chicks? Or do you mean you flex your bicep and the other person takes it as a cue to let go of your arm?
    Neither I think. You flex your bicep to create and maintain the hook, the rest is up to the hooker.