User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    Ok, no one laugh. I'm taking the hook to be the one providing the arm (usually the guy), and the hookee as the hanger on (usually the girl).

The closed hook: Where the hook has a pocket, so the arm is tucked down and forms a curve. And the hookee closes an entire loop so you have an interlocking chain effect.

Open hook: Where the hook just allows his hand to hang down naturally, the pull of the hookee on the curve of the arm/elbow would create that curve, so the hand ends up about hip level. You get the same effect if you carry a clutch purse/ hand bag on the elbow? The hookee basically leaves more freedom for the hook's arm to swing, by not closing it.

And the friend hook! The hook (wearing the rafting sweatshirt) basically lets his hands hang down all the way, in doing so, tightens the loop, so the hookee's arm is drawn into his side and the pair is hence closer. Not good for walking around poles with though.

\

I. feel. like. a. fluff. ball.
    Brilliant!! I can't believe you went and found all these. Thanks, Aelan!

So, I am definitely with the friend hook. I suppose I just need to let it hang? Right next to me?

Feel free to discuss further, members of MBTIc: analyzing deep is what we do best here.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Brilliant!! I can't believe you went and found all these. Thanks, Aelan!

So, I am definitely with the friend hook. I suppose I just need to let it hang? Right next to me?

Feel free to discuss further, members of MBTIc: analyzing deep is what we do best here.
    I just googled arm-in-arm. Wizard of Oz didn't turn up though.

Welcome. You should wait for the other girls to wake up and comment. I think the guys will not really use this hold.

Just let it hang, and draw it in to you, so she's not hanging on to a limp fish, but a fish that wants her there. . If it helps, you could also use your other hand to hold her hooked hand.

Dang. I really feel fluffy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Dang. I really feel fluffy.
    Nooo! You're instructing the Se inferior!! 'Tis not fluff. 'Tis educational. You're engaging in true pedagogic behaviour!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Ok, no one laugh. I'm taking the hook to be the one providing the arm (usually the guy), and the hookee as the hanger on (usually the girl).

The closed hook: Where the hook has a pocket, so the arm is tucked down and forms a curve. And the hookee closes an entire loop so you have an interlocking chain effect.

Open hook: Where the hook just allows his hand to hang down naturally, the pull of the hookee on the curve of the arm/elbow would create that curve, so the hand ends up about hip level. You get the same effect if you carry a clutch purse/ hand bag on the elbow? The hookee basically leaves more freedom for the hook's arm to swing, by not closing it.

And the friend hook! The hook (wearing the rafting sweatshirt) basically lets his hands hang down all the way, in doing so, tightens the loop, so the hookee's arm is drawn into his side and the pair is hence closer. Not good for walking around poles with though.

\

I. feel. like. a. fluff. ball.
    I think with the "friend" hook the man in the rafting sweater is the father (the pic is called father_sons.jpg). In my opinion -- because the man is not active in the hook -- this looks more like clinging than hugging. I think a more genuine friendship hug goes over the shoulder (at least among guys).
    Last edited by typo; 03-27-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: typo

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by typo View Post
    I think with the "friend" hook the man in the rafting sweater is the father (the pic is called father_sons.jpg). In my opinion -- because the man is not active in the hook -- this looks more like clinging than hugging. I think a more genuine friendship hug goes over the shoulder (at least among guys).
    Guys tend to be rougher, but usehername is female... Actually, you could hold hands right? I hold hands with my girlfriends too.

Edit: Also because, two guys arm-in-arm tends to look a little.. well.. merry.

btw: I really like this: "Last edited by typo : Today at 10:38 AM. Reason: typo "

MBTI
    INTJ

Usehername makes the best threads. Everytime I read one, my first thought is..." That seems so obvious..." and then I go to type a reply and realize I have no clue.

Usehername: solving the mysteries that no one knew existed
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Engage your Se!

yes, that's why I try to respond to her threads. It helps me learn to be more concrete. Not to a pedagogue point, but at least, less. N.

I would respond like the attached photo.

oh, you mean a friend you like rather than a stranger on the street!

I would lock my arm around theirs in a similar position. Think of it as an arm hug.
    Last edited by JAVO; 06-21-2009 at 09:10 PM.

MBTI
    GONE

Hey Userhername, were you the one who posted the 'mechanics of female hugs' thread way back when? These are amusing in a Seinfeld-esque way. I've had touchy feely friends and I'm not naturaly inclined to be touchy feely with everyone (though I think I may have latent touchy feeliness that comes out more as get comfortable in my skin). When such friends hook their arms around my waist or something, I just mirror them and hang on for awkward dear life. Hahaha.

When I hook arms with friends, I rest my hooked arm against my stomach or else if it's cold snuggle up for warmth. It's not even necessarily affectionate. I'm cold dammit. I think I've also just akwardly leave my arm straight like the kid in the last pic and trudged along like a trooper being overwhelming by Fe/Se. Hahahahaa.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

And Aelan. Pics! Brilliant! Very..systematic for an ENTP? I can't think of the world other than 'helpful'.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 03-28-2008 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Se?
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hey Userhername, were you the one who posted the 'mechanics of female hugs' thread way back when? These are amusing in a Seinfeld-esque way. I've had touchy feely friends and I'm not naturaly inclined to be touchy feely with everyone (though I think I may have latent touchy feeliness that comes out more as get comfortable in my skin). When such friends hook their arms around my waist or something, I just mirror them and hang on for awkward dear life. Hahaha.

When I hook arms with friends, I rest my hooked arm against my stomach or else if it's cold snuggle up for warmth. It's not even necessarily affectionate. I'm cold dammit. I think I've also just akwardly leave my arm straight like the kid in the last pic and trudged along like a trooper being overwhelming by Fe/Se. Hahahahaa.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

And Aelan. Pics! Brilliant! Very..systematic for an ENTP? I can't think of the world other than 'helpful'.
    I'm learning to be more J.