User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    istp

Default J vs. P... fight!

(i think we can all agree that this face-off is much more interesting than N vs. S!)

what behaviors bother you most in people of the other type? in people of your own type? in yourself?

feel free to share a story that exemplifies your opinions, and try to keep the biting and scratching to a minimum.

well, maybe a little biting.

MBTI
    OMNi

I love Ps. I get along very well with them.

My fellow Js on the other hand...well I'm the only person who can be right so there is bound to be contention when they don't agree with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I love Ps. I get along very well with them.

My fellow Js on the other hand...well I'm the only person who can be right so there is bound to be contention when they don't agree with me.
    It sounds so familiar. As frustrating as being married to a P guy can sometimes be, I suspect being married to a J guy would bring much more conflict into my life.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

P's
    failure to comply with arrangements

i'll pick you up at 12
    then not, and not call

or leave you stranded somewhere after they " forgot "
    being messy and or disorganized

J's
    my way or the highway mentality
    " that's the way it is, shut up "
    lol

a rash decision just to make a decision, with little forethought
    being overly " decisive
    which is a shared " spontaneity " with P's
    not healthy

we can also just say this is merely inconsiderate behavior instead of J or P
    no fight
    although that was very J of me to say
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

P's win.

J's develop hasty assumptions with little empirical undertone to legitimize.

See if you can spot my joke.

MBTI
    istp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    P's win.

how can i box with a ghost?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    P's win.

LMAO
    Guess who's on my buddy list?
    I N V I C T U S

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I have problem with some Js being far too rigid and stiff... but then again, I noticed the same for some Ps as well... So I guess it's not really so much J vs P as extreme isolated use of judging functions.

INTJ, ENTJ, ISTJ => Te... Things have to be organized in a systematic fashion. Tries to isolate everything to look at components too much. Damn it, there's nothing wrong with analysis of dynamic interactions!
    ISFJ => Si Fe... Following rules for the sake of following rules.
    INTP => Ti... restriction of cases until the answers coming out of their theories has no practical value.
    INFJ (myself) => change aversion... especially for long held ideas/theories (existing theory is correct, you're just throwing stuff around for the sake of throwing it around) or things that's working fairly efficiently. (resisting to adapt to a method that can potentially add that extra 5% from 95 to get 100% because the learning curve affects immediate productivity)

On the "P-side"
    Please make up your mind and get things done?

Especially INTP! New theory a day. Reinventing the wheel. Inventing new types of wheels to do a slightly different job rather than modifying the old ones. Then half way into that, coming up with more stuff to test.

MBTI
    INFJ

P folks used to drive me nuts. Not calling when they said they would, always running late, forgetting stuff, etc. I had a P boyfriend that realized he didn't have any nice pants to wear exactly 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave for a formal event. He was gone to the mall for over an hour getting new pants, and we almost missed the event.:steam: My P husband has no concept of time. We once actually missed our flight on the way to my best friend's wedding. THAT will never happen again. And he once left for a business meeting where he was a session moderator, presenter, and the president-elect due to be inducted, and he forgot to bring his business suits... Astounding to me, really. I had to overnight them to him the next day.

All that said, I have very much come to appreciate the P's in my life. As Kiddo said, I pretty much always have to be right and I butt heads with J's much more than P's. My easy-going husband is a good match for my intensity, and it hasn't been too hard to get used to his P ways. I'm sure his blood pressure is at a much healthier level than mine. And the way he adapts so readily to change while it always throws me for a loop - much to be learned there.

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I was reminded of this yesterday when I caught a ride with my friend across the state.

I sat on my porch all morning and laid in the sun. Only when he got to my apartment did I start to pack, which actually just consisted of rummaging through the pile of non-dirty clothes.

Apparently I was supposed to be "ready" or something..? Oh well, I can pack in 5 minutes.

But I did forget my toothpaste.

And I giggle like a little school girl whenever someone says "Pness."

Edit: And now I'm giggling as I reread my post.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London